News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CALLING ALL NYC MEMBERS, CHRIS, MR ANGRY, ETC....

Started by mikepmcs, March 22, 2009, 01:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Just landed an 08 Challenger.  It's in the Huntington area and was wondering if a member could run up and take a look at it for me one night this week.  I know that's a huge inconvenience, but I can paypal you some gas money for your trouble. I've made initial contact with the seller and I'm waiting for his email response and permission to inconvenience you both this week.

Thanks in advance.

I'd also like to personally thank Hemigeno for his response when I was in the market on an 08 in Missouri last week.  I appreciate you guys/gals more than you know and hope I can someday be of help to ya'll.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NYCMille

shoot me the details mike - I may be able to run out there on Tues. for you.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Huntington is in LI correct?  DKN1997 is in LI...  maybe he's closer?

Good luck & post the details!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Chris, YES, LI.
I will post up as soon as I start getting a better handle on how this will go down.  I have to call USAA tomorrow and get the ball rolling.  But I will keep all updated.  I'm used to using the approved loans they give me to buy but always has been from a dealer, private seller is a little more involved.  I'll be on my "A" game this week though for sure getting it done.
So on Saturday, if ya'll see a big black dually with an orange bottom and maine tags ripping through NYC, you know who it is.
I'm getting my buddy Ryan to make the trip with me as he has always gone with me on these long ones to get my cars. It's like tradition now. Except he had the strangest question today, he asked if he could bring his wife too cause she's never seen "The City"
I told him never mind, I'll trailer it home, and when the hell did you get married? :lol:
J/K of course.

Actually that is him in the picture in my avatar the day we got home from Tennessee with my Charger.(how's that for a run on sentence)

Thanks
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Everything is going as planned.  Finance in order, checks here on Wednesday.  So far so good.
Might not take my truck though. Probably borrow my buddies little toyota camry, it's nicer on gas.

Mike, you have a PM.

v/r

Mike

firefighter3931

That's cool Mike....hope the deal pans out and you score a cool ride !  :cheers:

Keep us posted and don't be shy with the pics.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

Ron,
I won't and thanks!  Still not breathing until Saturday when I sit in the car and head north.  Hopefully everything will go smoothly, I'm all set on my end.  I'll know a little more about the car tomorrow when Mike takes a ride out there to look at it for me.

Guys like yourself, Mike, geez I hate to even single guys out but sometimes I'm just speechless at what people do to help out others they don't even know. AWESOME!! :cheers:

Hopefully, that is what you'll see me in come Carlisle.   :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike

firefighter3931

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 24, 2009, 06:04:17 PM

Guys like yourself, Mike, geez I hate to even single guys out but sometimes I'm just speechless at what people do to help out others they don't even know. AWESOME!! :cheers:

Mike you're wrong about that....we all know each other very well here. The word Family comes to mind and I like to think we're all members of a special Fraternity. It's funny, when i meet a member in person for the first time it's often like i've known him for years and we're old buds who haven't seen each other in a long time.  :icon_smile_big:

Looking forward to meeting you and all the other members that i haven't met before (in person) this year at Carlisle  :coolgleamA:

Have a safe drive...and no speeding on the way home !  :D :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Just 6T9 CHGR

Very cool news Mike!  Hope the other Mike gives you a good report :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 22, 2009, 01:17:48 PM
I'd also like to personally thank Hemigeno for his response when I was in the market on an 08 in Missouri last week.  I appreciate you guys/gals more than you know and hope I can someday be of help to ya'll.

Mike,

Glad that you've found the right deal, and I really hope it turns out as planned.  As far as me volunteering to help out, I wasn't willing to do anything that a lot of other very cool guys on here wouldn't do also.

But then again, you don't know what I had planned for that sweet ride until you could have made it out to pry- I mean take the car back with you...   :whistling: :drive: :D :lol:

Geno

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikepmcs

Quote from: hemigeno on March 25, 2009, 10:05:16 AM

But then again, you don't know what I had planned for that sweet ride until you could have made it out to pry- I mean take the car back with you...   :whistling: :drive: :D :lol:

Geno

:lol:  That would have been the least I can do. 

Well..... It's a go.  Talked to Mr. Musto this afternooon and he gives his approval.  So.... I'll be heading out Saturday morning at about 0300, putting me there at about 1000-1100, grab it and get back here to Maine.
:2thumbs:
Good guy alert for today(ok, he's always a good guy but...) Mike Musto. :cheers:

v/r
Mike

NYCMille

No worries man... the car is truly spotless and the seller is a true enthusiast (you'll see what I mean when you see his other toys) - you're going to love this thing. I loved it - here is the review I did of it a few weeks ago - enjoy!  :2thumbs:

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/03/10/challenger-srt-8-the-rts-big-brother/

Charger1973

Good luck man.  Thats the one new car I would not mind in my garage either.  Very cool of Mike to go check it out for you as well.   :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Kudos Mike :thumbs:  Love to hear about the guys other rides as well :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Excellent write up Mike. Your reviews never disappoint.

v/r
Mike

firefighter3931

Two thumbs up for Mike Musto  :2thumbs:

Nice review of the new SRT8 Challenger Mr Angry  :coolgleamA:

Ron

mikepmcs

T minus 7ish hours until I leave.  Have insurance, transport tag, directions etc....  :P

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

Ladies and Gentleman

Number 3647.  :icon_smile_big:

Quick trip up and back and was actually home a little after 4, but was over at my buddies so his wife could see it.  They are the ones in the pictures, Ryan and Andrea.  I let Ryan be the first to drive it and he drove it most of the way back.  We averaged around 80 when traffic was moving steadily and I was creeping in on 19mpg.  The car is amazing and the electronics/nav/computer stuff are unbelievable in this thing.  Power is plenty when you need it and the brakes are all there!!!  I'm very happy with my decision.  As for the gentleman's house and toys, Mike will have to tell you about them because I did not see the inside of the garage.  I did see a kick butt sled and a lifted 4 wheeler that looked like it should be on pimp my ride. :smilielol:
Didn't take any pics on the property itself for privacy reasons and I've never met the original owner.  I got there, met his friend, wrote out the BOS and grabbed the title and keys and off we went.  Literally there less than 15 minutes.  Just how I like it, quick and to the point.  I thanked him via text and he responded, the end.

Andrea insisted on taking her shoes off to get in the car.   :lol:  :slap:

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Just 6T9 CHGR

Very nice choice of colors Mike!  have fun with that bad boy!

PS---kick ass house/garage set up my friend :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FLG

Sweet!

Glad i didnt get a phone call at 4am LOL  :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

Thanks fellas. 
Chris, right back at you. :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
That is the neighbor's house that my buddy ryan is staying next to. They described him as the guy who owns Maine. :smilielol:
I was in awe, but spent most of the time drooling over his little bucket loader and the car(not in that order)

Frank,
I'm glad too.  We left here a little before 3am.  Arrived in L.I. a little after 8:30 am.  Got a little lost because mapquest was a little messed up with the distances so..... we cruised around and saw some really nice houses, man oh man, some sweet set ups!

My house, pictured below, is a little more modest. :rofl:

71ChallengeHer

keepat

Mike
This thread was great to follow and show how awesome this site & community of charger owners are! Congrats on your Challenger! :cheers:
Pat

PS you got the best color! 

mikepmcs

Quote from: keepat on March 29, 2009, 07:13:47 AM
Mike
This thread was great to follow and show how awesome this site & community of charger owners are! Congrats on your Challenger! :cheers:
Pat

PS you got the best color! 

:icon_smile_big:

Agreed.  This site and the people on it are unbelievable.  The help and friendships garnered are truly priceless.

Troy, and his mod squad, should be lauded for their efforts.

Thanks
v/r
Mike

firefighter3931

Congrats Mike....that is one fine looking Challenger !  :drool5:

It will look right at home parked next to the General  :coolgleamA:

Impressive fuel economy for a 425 horse engine  :2thumbs:

Ron

69 OUR/TEA

jb666

WOW, just WOW!! That is AWESOME, Mike!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had I known my 'project' would have been such a can of worms THIS EXACT CAR is what would be sitting in my garage right now!!!

mikepmcs

Push my visitation sked back a week or 3 Jeff.  I used this weekend to go and get this.  See you soon though.
v/r
Mike

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 29, 2009, 10:57:29 AM
Push my visitation sked back a week or 3 Jeff.  I used this weekend to go and get this.  See you soon though.
v/r
Mike

You know what, Mike? I'd forfeit 10 years of vacations AND sell my soul to the Devil for that car  :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: (oh... Wait... I think I already did that?)

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger_Fan

Man, that's a winter beater if I ever saw one! :boogie: 
J/K man, that thing looks great & is a real beauty! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70 Battle Horse

Congrats Mike!! Thanks for the awesome road pics as well
That makes at least two Maine i acs on this board with new Challengers !! I purchased my Stone White R/T last October...Its nice to see the weather finally break for some pleasure use !!!

Please join me over here !!   http://www.challengertalk.com/

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

mikepmcs

Very nice indeed. Looks like a couple steeds in the barn there! :cheers:

Just got the car registered about an hour ago. Do you ever get bothered for not running the front plate?? I don't run one on my Charger and don't plan on running it on the Challenger. 
I transferred my Coronet plates to the Challenger.  Joe Dirt rides again.  I'm going to try to sneak my original idea plate by the DMV again. 

Mike

70 Battle Horse

I had the pleasure of storing my buddy Chris' Black R/T for several weeks this winter...its at his home now :(
I have not run a front tag on my toys for @ 20 years  here in Maine...Ive been stopped probably 3 times (all of them state troopers) ,and never received a ticket or defect card...I think the cops just wanted to check out my rides . I would just get a verbal reminder that I am required to have the front tag in place...... I think as long as they see it as a "special car" they cut you some slack. I would NEVER  attempt it on my daily driver.. I got hit up in Bridgeton at a "safety road block" last summer in my mango Daytona... town cop leaned in and asked me where my Maine issued front plate was...I said "hangin up in my garage" He said "On a car like this...I don't blame ya...but it is a requirement in this state to have one on  your vehicle" He then said "have a great afternoon, and thanks for wearing your seatbelt" What is your vanity plate going to say ?

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

mikepmcs

Thanks for the info, I figured about the same.  They won't bother you unless you ask for it.  I do travel through the city of Augusta daily though on my way to the VA.   :eek2:

Posted the tag and then deleted it.