News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

E-Body & Charger Interchangeable Parts?

Started by Carlwalski, March 30, 2009, 10:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlwalski

Hi guys,

Long time member over at cuda-challenger needing some help. I'm going to be selling my 71 'Cuda project car. It ending up needing A LOT of new panels, $9,500 US worth to be exact. While I have the panels and the car has been acid dipped and coated, ready for work, I just can't afford the professional body work. I was planning to do the rest of the work myself but at this stage it's just too much of a project and to be honest, I've lost interest in it. I have a mint Challenger and am after a different car altogether and have always had a thing for the General Lee. Please keep in mind while they are common (as far as muscle cars go) that down here in New Zealand (or even outside the USA) they are few and far between. Plus it'll be a GL Hemi Charger. The 'Cuda hit me hard with the hidden body muck and to be honest the whole thing is a complete f#%k up, wasted money, just bad all round LMAO but you gotta laugh at this stuff, take it on the chin, cut the losses and know when enough is enough and move on.

My plans are to sell the rolling chassis 'Cuda, the panels and most of the interior and use that money to buy a solid driving 69 Charger locally, something that needs minimal to no body work. Now that you are up to speed my dilemma is I have lots of parts and I'm curious what will work on a B-Body (if at all). I have a custom built FHO 540ci alloy EFI Hemi that is definitely not being sold, this will go in the Lee. I have a Dana 60 built by Dr Diff for a 71 'Cuda. From my research the E-Body diff is around 56.5" and the Charger is around 54". I know stock Chargers have heaps of room in the wells and I'm currently checking in to see if the XV Level 2 rear for an E-Body can be adapted (without much hassle) to suit a Charger = no leafs.

What else can be interchanged? I'm pretty much sure nothing interior, steering wheel probably.
What about mechanically? K-Frames? Exhausts? If not, how hard to adapt some of this stuff?
Shit....LOL....that post came out a lot longer than I wanted, sorry for the read.  :'(

Thanks,
Carl