News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will a small block rad work?

Started by devilgear, March 21, 2009, 10:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilgear

Ok I had another post about a Summit aluminum radiator that I bought that will be a pain to fit...Now I just called Summit to see if there was another that would work and after working the numbers a while the guy tells me they have one with opposite inlet and outlets that should work.Now the question is this one is classified as a "Small block" radiator and mine is classified as a "Big Block" radiator. Both are 22" core, 18" high and 29" overall with. Both have the tranny lines and seem to be the same.....Does this sound ok? Is there a big difference between the small and big block radiators? Thanks.

firefighter3931

Quote from: devilgear on March 21, 2009, 10:23:02 AM
Ok I had another post about a Summit aluminum radiator that I bought that will be a pain to fit...Now I just called Summit to see if there was another that would work and after working the numbers a while the guy tells me they have one with opposite inlet and outlets that should work.Now the question is this one is classified as a "Small block" radiator and mine is classified as a "Big Block" radiator. Both are 22" core, 18" high and 29" overall with. Both have the tranny lines and seem to be the same.....Does this sound ok? Is there a big difference between the small and big block radiators? Thanks.

Use the BB rad and swap out the waterpump housing.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

devilgear

yeah I was thinking that, but to do it is gonna be a major headache and cost more than $100 I think.I don't know that the lower radiator hose would go in without moving the power steering pully, bracket, belt etc...Seems there is alot in the way and it would be much easier just to get the other rad...Side by side they look identicle, just have the in and outs swapped...