News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley and throttle linkage

Started by pb24, March 20, 2009, 11:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pb24

I have a 68 Charger with a 383 and i just installed a Holley carburetor along with a 20-7 throttle lever extension and a 20-36 throttle stud. Now the throttle cable hooks up on the wrong side of the kick down linkage. the throttle stud is small at first and then increase in size so the kick down has to go on first and then the throttle cable goes on. It doesn't look right and the throttle cable pull at a slight angle. Does anybody have any pictures of a Holley and the linkage setup.

pb24

firefighter3931

You need to use a factory stud to align the throttle cable properly. The factory stud places the accel cable on the inside of the bracket and the kickdown linkage on the outside.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

pb24

You would think Holley would make sure that the part they tell you you need would work. The factory stud doesn't work well with Holly's throttle lever extension but with a little tweaking you can make it work. I'm starting to find out that with after market products you never know if they are going to fit. Is it just me or do you guys also have trouble with after market stuff that doesn't fit.

RECHRGD

Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 21, 2009, 12:06:04 PM
You need to use a factory stud to align the throttle cable properly. The factory stud places the accel cable on the inside of the bracket and the kickdown linkage on the outside.

Ron

Whether you need to see these pictures or not, just posting them has become a major challenge for me.  Lets see what kind of error message I can get on this try.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Brock Samson

Great pics and I know what ya' mean about error messeges.. but, at least your not getting sheet from Chris and Bull like I do,..

yet.. 
:icon_smile_wink:

pb24

Thanks for the pictures. I put the stock throttle stud back on works much better