News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Dimensions

Started by gasoline_24, March 20, 2009, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

Does anybody have the dimensions of the upper and lower rear seat frame?  I took mine with my legendary covers to the upholstery guy and he says the covers are so tight that the frame is showing through.  I called legendary and they said there is no problem with the cover as that is the same one they have always made and there have been no other complaint.  I may have the wrong seat in there, but if fit alright when I removed it.  If somebody has the correct dimensions as far as width and height it would be appreciated.

gasoline_24

Anybody have these dimensions?

runningman

I have a seat frame in my attic, I will dig it out when I get home from work and post some info...

gasoline_24

Thanks.  I need the upper portion dimensions the most. 

runningman

I will take some pics also...

runningman

Okay, here are the dimensions I got.  The seat bottom is 20" across the front, 18 1/4" across the back and 21 1/2" front to back, the top frame is 15 5/8" across the top, 20 1/2 across the bottom and 21" from the top of the frame to the bottom.  The top measurements don't include the side pieces that are used to mount the seat to the bottom frame.  Confusing?  I didn't get any pics yet since I can't find my camera, if you need some let me know.....

gasoline_24

how about the measurement that goes from the back (part against trunk divider to the front edge of the seat?

runningman

I guess I was assuming you were needing front seat dimensions for some reason.  You are needing back seat frame dimensions?  I have my back seat recovered in my basement but may still be able to get the dim's off of it. 

gasoline_24

that is correct the back seat.  I was thinking those dimensions sounded small.

runningman

Quote from: gasoline_24 on March 25, 2009, 10:30:27 AM
that is correct the back seat.  I was thinking those dimensions sounded small.

:smilielol:  Yeah sorry about that

The back seat bottom dimension is 21" front to back and 59 3/4" wide, if you need the top still let me know and I will dig that out too.

Matt

gasoline_24

If you get a chance I would appreciate the top measurement.   :2thumbs:  Thanks for the help.

runningman

No problem, I will do that today when I get home.  Is that lower dimension close to what you have?  My covers are a snug fit too but they look good.  I also got them from Legendary

gasoline_24

I am not sure as they are not at my house, but I will go over and measure them and let you know.

runningman

Okay the upper is 55x22....

BROCK

I recall the lower frame showing through at the front corners on most 2nd gens. 
I do not recall the upper frame showing through though.  I could be wrong about
that.  Perhaps there is a piece of padding that should be wrapped over the upper
frame?  I'm curious to see pics!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world