News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone put an older hemi in a car?

Started by r_biccum, March 14, 2009, 07:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r_biccum

I see the old chrysler (1955) and desoto hemis going cheap on ebay, just wondering if anyone has ever put one of these older motors in their mopar for the hemi look? Im not sure what kind of trans you could put behind it, but I know I would love to have wide valve covers under my hood for a way less expensive price than the 426 or 392....I know they dont make much power, but at least you could say, "yeah its got a hemi"
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

Ghoste

Check out the Duketona thread in the aero section, he put an old style Hemi in that car and there are a bunch of pics of the whole process.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,27469.0.html

375instroke

My take on it is old Hemis should go in '57 and older cars.  Putting them in newer cars is a step backwards.  I'm looking for a '59 Desoto Fireflite, and that is the type of car that could use the old Hemi, but probably better would be a Max Wedge clone.  Even better, for the old Hemi, would be something from the '20s to '40s.  That's just my take.

r_biccum

Nothing "backwards" about a 700 horse blown 392 hemi in a 69 charger...  :coolgleamA:
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2