News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Intersting 68/70 Charger article in May Hot Rod magazine

Started by 1969chargerrtse, March 17, 2009, 06:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

On page 80 one part of an article is about Hollywood and using 2nd Gen chargers.  It goes as follows.

"Hollywood has been wreaking 68 to 70 Chargers for more than 40 years, so there is no such thing as an inexpensive 68 to 70 Charger.  They are rare.  We scoured Craigs list, blasted through ebay Motors daily, and searched every autos-for-sale publication that exsist.  In the end, we had to pay big bucks for the Chargers-- ranging from 3,000.00 for a rusted shell that became a buck to 16,000.00 for a half way- decent driver. Not only were the Chargers exspensive, but acquiring parts for them was nearly impossible. Luckily, Year One was able to help us with several of the parts needed, but front fenders, bumpers and valances were not available. Eventually, we had to build our own fiberglass front clips, since original pieces were simply to hard to find and very expensive.  We equipped all our stunt chargers with small block Chevy crate engines and Turbo 400 transmitions to save money and standardize our fleet of vehicles our apologies to the Mopar guys." 

:notworthy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

AHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh.  All that typing. :brickwall:  I tried a search but failed. :P
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Sublime/Sixpack

Yeah, reading that article made me want to run right out and see the movie.   :insertsarcasm:  Also got a kick out of the F-Bomb Clone (Camaro) popping a wheelie on the dirt.  ::)
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

68charger383

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 17, 2009, 06:08:27 PM
"Hollywood has been wreaking 68 to 70 Chargers for more than 40 years, so there is no such thing as an inexpensive 68 to 70 Charger.  They are rare.  We scoured Craigs list, blasted through ebay Motors daily, and searched every autos-for-sale publication that exsist.  In the end, we had to pay big bucks for the Chargers-- ranging from 3,000.00 for a rusted shell that became a buck to 16,000.00 for a half way- decent driver.

A few of us locals (Charger Rob)got brought down to the car auditions so the director could try and buy our cars.  :rotz:

I don't know what their problem is, I find plenty of 2nd gens around CA  ;D

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,54774.0.html

Maybe I missed my calling-professional Charger finder for Hollywood  :lol:

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Charger_Fan

I just got that issue a couple days ago, haven't read it yet. It's a bummer that they took the easy way out & used Chebby engines, but at least a Charger is gonna see some more screen time. :)

Quote from: WingCharger on March 17, 2009, 06:16:49 PM
Already been posted. :rant: :rant: :rant:
I missed it...or are you thinking about this, from a different article?
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,53230.0.html

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mike DC

Hollywood's idea of "difficult to obtain" is when they can't write a check and get an unlimited amount of something, all brand new & matching condition.