News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen. Dash Bezel Woodgrain

Started by dfsmopars, March 15, 2009, 03:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfsmopars

What type of wood does the woodgrain in the dash bezel in the '71-74 Chargers simulate?

Ghoste

Mac-tac?

Sorry I couldn't resist, I have no idea what kind of wood they were trying to emulate.

AKcharger

Brock Samson

I checked a book I have a book, called "What wood is that?".. by Robert L. Edlin published in 1969 the Viking Press new York ISBN 69-19533. it contains 40 actual wood verners and though it's missing 4 I'm gonna go ahead and say it's a type of WALNUT called "Circassian" at least compared to the "71" Road Runner's dash Facia which is fresh... and in no way discolored or faded.
There are three Walnuts the other two are "Black American" and "Austrailian" which are both lighter and darker respectivly.
Hope this helps.

dfsmopars

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 23, 2009, 08:41:23 PM
I checked a book I have a book, called "What wood is that?".. by Robert L. Edlin published in 1969 the Viking Press new York ISBN 69-19533. it contains 40 actual wood verners and though it's missing 4 I'm gonna go ahead and say it's a type of WALNUT called "Circassian" at least compared to the "71" Road Runner's dash Facia which is fresh... and in no way discolored or faded.
There are three Walnuts the other two are "Black American" and "Austrailian" which are both lighter and darker respectivly.
Hope this helps.
WOA! That is a lot of information but I believe you are right in some shade of Walnut. Thanks for the info. I am looking for some material similar to it and I think I have found some.

BROCK

If anyone comes up with a good woodgraining technique for the 71 - 74 B body cluster,
I'll take 5!!!!!!!!!!!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world