News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone sell this transmission linkage? **with pics**

Started by runningman, March 16, 2009, 06:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Does anyone know if this linkage is being reproduced?  It is the piece that attaches to the transmission from the shifter.  Thanks

Matt

gasoline_24

runningman

Damn it, it took me forever to figure out how to resize it and I must have forgotten to attach it  :brickwall:  I will do it when I get home from work today.....

gtx6970

try a+atrans
or Brewers
But I don't think your gonna find it except used

firefighter3931

Matt, what parts are you looking for ? The selector /kickdown brackets or the linkage from the shifter ?

see pics below  :scope:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

runningman

Ron,

It looks like the second one from the left in your second picture. 

firefighter3931

Ok, we posted at the same time, lol !  :lol:

The linkage from the shifter is sold as a kit.

The selector shaft bracket is not something that is repopped (to my knowledge). Do you need both the gear shift bracket and kickdown bracket ? This is for a 727 i assume ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: runningman on March 17, 2009, 09:24:55 AM
Ron,

It looks like the second one from the left in your second picture. 

Is that the only piece you need ?

Ron

runningman

Ron,

I was thinking I screwed up the pic posting again.  :lol:  It is for a 727, I have the kickdown lever but the selector piece has been broken and welded and broken again....probably kind of hard to see in the pics.  I could also use the rod if I can find it but I think mine will be serviceable if I had to use it. 

Matt

firefighter3931

Quote from: runningman on March 17, 2009, 09:30:25 AM
Ron,

I was thinking I screwed up the pic posting again.  :lol:  It is for a 727, I have the kickdown lever but the selector piece has been broken and welded and broken again....probably kind of hard to see in the pics.  I could also use the rod if I can find it but I think mine will be serviceable if I had to use it. 

Matt

Yep, i see the welded part....looks ugly brother.  :lol:

The one you identified is off my 68 trans....that one is now on Vegas Mike's Charger. The one right next to it is off a later trans and it measures the same as the other one but the end is wider. The hole measurements center to center are identical.

***See pic below....i layed one on top of the other***

Ron

Ps. I might still have it....i'll have to look

runningman

Ron,

That would be great, just let me know.  There is no hurry, my car isn't going anywhere soon  :'(

firefighter3931

Well...just checked the parts bin and guess what i found ?  :icon_smile_big:

I'll send it off later this week.  :2thumbs:  Too bad i didn't know about this before i shipped the wires.  :P

Ron

runningman

Yeah, I should have blasted my trans earlier.  You couldn't even see the damage with all the crud packed in it.  Just add it to my tab  :yesnod:  Thanks  :cheers:

Matt

firefighter3931

Quote from: runningman on March 17, 2009, 09:50:38 AM
Yeah, I should have blasted my trans earlier.  You couldn't even see the damage with all the crud packed in it.  Just add it to my tab  :yesnod:  Thanks  :cheers:

Matt

No tab....a cold beer will be plenty !  ;)  :cheers:

Ron

runningman

Ron,

I may have to open a party store when we get done :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:  :yesnod: