News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2002 saturn Vue, what part is this, where does it go?? HELP

Started by moparjohn, September 17, 2007, 03:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

My friend has a saturn Vue, she took it for an oil change and the service guy gives her a part he found in the engine compartment.  It is a Delphi part #22633686 . there is also #25331435 cav 2 stamped in it. What is it and where does it go.  Thanks in advance. 

PS it looks like an air tube/defrost vent looks like a square "j"
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Rocky

Got any pics?  Sounds like it might be a drain tube of some sort.

Ghoste

Sounds like the service should be telling her what it is.   She better start going to another dealer and quicky.

71superbee

My guess, and I'm not a Saturn guy.....If the car has AC, look at the firewall area (engine side) where the AC lines go through the firewall and into the AC/Heater box. just below that there may be a hole in the firewall for a drain hose to attach. That would be where the "J" shaped hose may go. AC equipped cars create moisture in the evaporator heater box and they use a drain tube that dumps it onto the ground

lynfor

It is a battery compartment breather. I goes between front of battery compartment to location just in front of radiator. 
To reinstall, you will need 10 mm socket and long/straight bladed screw driver to remove left side head light assemble. See owners manual to remove to replace head light lamps. 
Once removed you will see rectangular female hole on black battery housing, and male rectangular hole on upper right of radiator.  I was able to slip male into battery cover, then slip female end onto radiator.  No tools need here.
Then reinstalled head lamp.