News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My V 10 Charger Project

Started by sardillim, March 15, 2009, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod

sardillim

Got a little work done today,  fitting the frame rails   next will be welding them together and installing them

GT

Glad to see your back on it !   Keep up the fab work and progress pics.

I just fired my V10 project back up as well.
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

ACUDANUT

Is this project really over 10 years old ?

chargerperson

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 23, 2019, 12:35:09 PM
Is this project really over 10 years old ?

Yes, admirable that the OP is staying with it for so long.  There was another build thread here that I think hit 6-8 years - can't remember exactly which one or how long but it was lengthy.

sardillim

Almost got one rail fully welded together.  I was a about to start tacking the fourth side of one rail and both can of weld trough primer i had were NG.  I guess this stuff doesn't like to sit around for a couple of years

sardillim

sardillim

One side Done !!!

sardillim

second side done

sardillim

Almost ready to weld these in,  just fine tuning an 1/8 or a 1/4 inch here and there, very close

sardillim

Still getting things nice and square

green69rt

I notice that you have your valance corners installed.  Did you have any misfits to the quarter? That has been a big complaint about the after market corners.

sardillim

they did not go in easy,  a decent amount of massaging was needed

green69rt

Quote from: sardillim on September 03, 2019, 07:32:25 PM
they did not go in easy,  a decent amount of massaging was needed

They looked like they were fairly unmolested, that's why I asked.  So, you had to do some slice and dice or just some bending?

sardillim

some bending for now  , i may have to slice when i fine tune them   fyi they re AMD's

sardillim

back at it making some trunk floor extensions

Mytur Binsdirti

Viper engine swaps are out and 392 or Hellcat swaps are in. Have you though about changing engines?

sardillim

ACUDANUT

Mytur Binsdirti  Has a point, Maybe you should re-consider. This project is over a decade old .  :shruggy:
What is the point anymore. ??

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 30, 2019, 02:13:31 PM
Mytur Binsdirti  Has a point, Maybe you should re-consider. This project is over a decade old .  :shruggy:

And if it's another decade before it's done, maybe plan for electric.   ;D

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 30, 2019, 02:48:24 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 30, 2019, 02:13:31 PM

And if it's another decade before it's done, maybe plan for electric.   ;D

Could be.  :scratchchin:

spoolinhard

Yes, he already has many thousands in cash spent to get to this point, plus hundreds of hours of quality hand crafted work setting it up. Why not drop that down the shitter in order to buy another engine that cost big bucks to follow what is currently "in".

Dig the viper engine. Keep it up!

sardillim

TexasStroker

I'd stick with the Viper plant as well.  Nice work on the frame rails and trunk extensions  :2thumbs:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

sardillim