News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leaf Springs

Started by 1970Moparmann, April 13, 2009, 11:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Been reading and searching for about an hour now, but just can't find what I'm looking for. :popcrn: :brickwall:

On my 68, I want to lower the back end a little and put some 18" wheels on it.  What have you guys done leaf spring wise to achieve this?  I take it have to go to a company like Eaton to get something a little longer? :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Ghoste

Or put lowering blocks in. ;)

Yeahmate

I had my caltrac mono's, set with a 1'' drop when I ordered

b5blue

Mancini has a front mounting bracket that drops the rear 1 inch (has 2 sets of holes normal and lowered ) I just changed my springs and noticed if you were to put them on upside down (the brackets) it would lower the the car to (?).

ACUDANUT

Sorry, I like the rear in the air.  :icon_smile_big:

b5blue

YUP! Me too! Just put new rear springs on...love it! :2thumbs:

Foreman72

i was looking at getting the mopar ones from summit :shruggy:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mauve66

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 14, 2009, 05:22:18 PM
Sorry, I like the rear in the air.  :icon_smile_big:

i prefer the heads up display with the stability of the knees on the ground, toes out for balance, handcuffs............... oh i guess that works for yours also :rofl:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

b5blue

ASSume the position! My car was "lowered" buy age, I got a great price from March Perf. in N.C. Todd's a good man to do business with  :2thumbs:

resq302

Careful of the Mopar Performance ones.  I got the same ones from Summit about 5 years ago and they sag like crazy now.  Eventually I will get ones from Espo who I have heard good things about.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

terrible one

Quote from: b5blue on April 14, 2009, 06:07:36 AM
Mancini has a front mounting bracket that drops the rear 1 inch (has 2 sets of holes normal and lowered ) I just changed my springs and noticed if you were to put them on upside down (the brackets) it would lower the the car to (?).

:yesnod: Yep, just try flipping the front mounts upside down.

Foreman72

i was also looking @ the PST ones but they are mad expensive...cross that bridge when i come 2 it...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Rolling_Thunder

if you order springs from ESPO I believe you can ask them to "flatten" them out so the rear sits lower...       I have the mopar XHD leafs and plan on using a 2" lowering block for now - don't have the coin for ESPO springs...    maybe down the road.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

b5blue

After hearing my new MoPar XHD's may sag in 5 years I'm keeping my vintage XHD ones to re arch in the future (you can see the difference in quality).