News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car show blues

Started by Bob, September 26, 2005, 05:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Not really. I took my 74 to his first car show. I was doing great until they parked a red 70 Charger right beside me. I thought to myself, there goes any chance. 5 minutes later a yellow 70 Charger was on my left. A double whammy. Beutifull car's I must say. Last year when I went without my car there were no Chargers. First went to a old Dodge Dart convertable, second, a 70 Challenger and 3rd, the red Charger. I had a great time anyhow. I did win a door prize. The owners of the Chargers were great guys. I told them about this site. Hopefully they will check it out.

Bob

TruckDriver

Could of been worse, two '06 Chargers could of parked next to you :icon_smile_big:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bob

Luckily the show only went up to 1974.

41husk

Don't worry to much about the place.  Look at the cars that are winning and each weak try to improve something on your car until it looks like the winning cars.  You could always do a quick tear down and complete rebuild like I did with my Challenger 9 years ago.  I still havent entered her in any shows but I have begun reassembly ::) :'(
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Afflyer

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on September 26, 2005, 06:04:27 AM
Could of been worse, two '06 Chargers could of parked next to you :icon_smile_big:

If this were the case, you would have won hands down!

:icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

triple_green

These always someone with a nicer car,that they spent more money on, than yours. I just love to drive the Charger.

I don't go to very many shows for just that reason. I'm in the hobby for the fun not the competition.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Bob

3X
The fun is right. I met allot of interesting people. Mopar never does have a good showing around here in souther Pa. There was only about 15 in my class. Now the ford and Chevy guys were a dime a dozen.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 41husk on September 26, 2005, 07:17:52 AM
You could always do a quick tear down and complete rebuild like I did with my Challenger 9 years ago. ? I still havent entered her in any shows but I have begun reassembly ::) :'(
If that's your idea of quick, what's slow? :smilielol: Hey, at least you still have it. :icon_smile_big:

400 BB, it sounds like you had fun at least, so the day wasn't a total waste.
I forgot what your car looked like, hope you don't mind me showing it here. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BobH1968

Thats why I like the cruise nights.  There aren't any prizes there, just a whole bunch of people who drive what they have for fun and show off to others.  You see stuff at a cruise night you would never expect to find in a car show so that is what makes it so much fun.

Bob

Bob

Hey Charger Fan, no I don't mind. Thanks for bringing it up.  :icon_smile:

BobH, I have never been on cruise night. That's next on my list. As soon as I get this ignition thing figured out I want to take it to West Virgina to see my step dad, twice
removed.

41Husk, I think I'll start my "frame off" tonight so I can have it for the weekend. LOL LOL