News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger cody's 73 charger restoration (we have a motor!)

Started by charger_cody, March 14, 2009, 12:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

Ok so i got the car from a guy who rigged it really really bad.  :brickwall: so i decided hey, lets just rip out the 318 and put a 360 into it. So it begins.

FLG

316??

Maybe im wrong but the only 316 engine i know of is of the pontiac brand  :shruggy:

Or maybe its just my ignorance... :popcrn:

RD

i think he meant 360
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

1969chargerrtse

Neato, great pictures.  Keep em coming.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charger_cody

haha ya i swear every time i mean to put 360 i end up putting 316 after writting 318  :brickwall:

FLG

LOL ok,

Nice eye RD, i was trying to make out the stamping but it was late and i was on my way to bed thanks  :2thumbs:

charger_cody

ok guy im off to a bad start today. i Was going to prep my door hinges for paint, so i was like oh, ok, i've taken the door panels off before. I started taking them off and i hear, RRRRIIIIPPPP, ripped out like 2 or 3 of the clipps out of it.  :brickwall: Well atleast they are off so now i can start on it.

Also about 3 or 4 months ago (when it was warm) i painted under the hood. Pics later today. But i have decided who needs B5 blue,

when you can have petty blue  :D

pics later.

charger_cody

Charger1973

Good looking car, reminds me of mine in a way.  Whats with the green one?

mopar73

keep up the good work!  At least you'll be driving yours soon :cheers:

charger_cody

Quote from: Charger1973 on March 14, 2009, 09:00:47 PM
Good looking car, reminds me of mine in a way.  Whats with the green one?

It is a 74 440 bbl i sold it to some guy in texas cause it was rigged and too man things were wrong for my budget.

SeattleCharger

those rims look great    :2thumbs:  looks like new tires, too.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

charger_cody

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: I hate takingg off weatherstrip. I alllways break those liitle plastic clips

BROCK

Me thinks you are in the eastern part of OK?  Enjoying your updates!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

charger_cody

Ok guys i have plenty more pics..

If you really want to see them reply..

Cause last time i didnt get very many views/posts.

Cody

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

charger_cody

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 26, 2009, 01:50:41 PM
what wheels are these ?

Well i got them for my b-day, but i do believe that they are hobsters? I can find out.

Fitz73Chrgr

Everyone always loves seeing some pics..you really don't have to ask  :2thumbs:

I'm in the midst of restoring a 73 as well, so I always love to see someone else making progress on one.  I know I can speak for almost all of the 3rd gen guys in saying that they always want to see pics!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

73TXRallye440

Goldfinger71

Good job Cody,post some side pics with the new wheels for us.
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

charger_cody

charger_cody

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on March 26, 2009, 10:27:34 PM
Good job Cody,post some side pics with the new wheels for us.
hey man i would love to but i had to take them off due to paint  :2thumbs:

But in a couple of weeks after we drop the motor in it goes in for the outside paint.

So the pics of everything will be up in a couple days.  :2thumbs:

Beer

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on March 26, 2009, 03:47:11 PM
Everyone always loves seeing some pics..you really don't have to ask  :2thumbs:

I'm in the midst of restoring a 73 as well, so I always love to see someone else making progress on one.  I know I can speak for almost all of the 3rd gen guys in saying that they always want to see pics!

X2  :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

charger_cody