News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New guy.

Started by 1970Moparmann, March 13, 2009, 10:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

I just ran into this site the other day-I didn't know it was around  :brickwall:.  Been an active member of Moparts for years.

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic....

Here is some cars I've owned in the past-

1978 Cordoba
1969 Charger RT - B3 Blue Ex, black interior.  The car has traded hands within Chicago about 4 times that I know of! At least it's been enjoyed...
1970 Charger RT - F8 Green on Green.  Original 40k mile car.  Had it for about 8 years and needed to get a 4 speed in a high impact color.
1970 Challenger - Turn and burn.  Needed a ton of work, but bought it for a steal right before the big jump in price the other year.
1973 Challenger 340/4 speed - Found it locally for $3k last year. Bought it site un-seen and I should have passed.  The car needed the complete frame replaced.  It sat in a barn in Woodstock, IL for about 15 years.  I found out how bad mother Mopar was on the Challengers with this one!

Currently own-
1970 Charger RT 4 Speed - Found my baby in 2003.  Restored and correct even down to the points ignition. Even have the original tires and wheels.  Owner removed the tires/wheels after he purchased the car.  I put a set of 15" Ralleys on it.

1968 Coronet RT Rag top - Found this car about 4 years ago and was just going to do some work and sell for some $$.  Found it in Michigan and once I stripped found a ton of bondo.  It's amazing at what people will do.......  Anyways, after finishing the car, the wife, kids, and eventually I, fell in love with it. It's still a work in progress, but a really fun car.  Nothing like cruising in a 440 rag.

1968 Charger 383/4 speed/air - Here is my current project. Another car that turned from a decent "20 footer" to a major project.  The car had quarter skins put on, and the idiot didn't put them on straight/bondo'd the crap out of them-being misaligned. Frame was rusting out from the inside out....All I can say is thank you AMD!!! 

This is the first car I'm making it how I want it versus how it came from the factory.  It's going to be black on black/no vinyl top/383 stroker/Keisler 5 speed/disc brakes/custom wheels/ and more...

Here's some picts-

Great website guys!!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Ghoste

Welcome to the group and I love that 70.  There are a few who might say it's cliched but Plum Crazy on a 70 is the perfect color IMO.

mopar_nut_440_6

Beautiful cars. Welcome aboard. I just joined and these guys are great!

Cheers,

James
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

skip68

Welcome to the site!  :yesnod: Beautiful cars you have!!!!!!!!!  :yesnod: :2thumbs: This IS the best site for accurate Mopar info, and also meeting some really great people with the same passion for cars! Again, welcome!  :cheers:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69*F5*SE

Welcome, you have some very beautiful cars there.   :cheers:

captnsim

Welcome to the site  :2thumbs: Great cars, love that 68 ragtop  :drool5:

1970Moparmann

Thanks guys!  Looking forward to the months to come.  I've already spent about 3 hours in the last two days researching info already.  Great site!! :notworthy:

Dans 68

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on March 13, 2009, 10:45:39 PM
I just ran into this site the other day-I didn't know it was around  :brickwall:.  Been an active member of Moparts for years.

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic....   Welcome home!  :2thumbs:

1968 Charger 383/4 speed/air - Here is my current project. An actual 383 4-speed w/air? Tell me more! Fender tag? Build sheet? Vin #?

Great website guys!!  You know it. Most of the credit goes to Troy.

Again, welcome aboard.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bigcountry

Welcome......awesome cars. I'm diggin' the drop top :drool5:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

RD

welcome to the site.. now you wont leave like all of us.

383/4spd?  arent those rare?  bull will know.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Dans 68

Quote from: RD on March 14, 2009, 01:21:33 AM

Yes, Bull does know that they are rare. 74 of the 2-bbl and 259 of the 4-bbl 383 XP's were made. And A/C was (supposedly) not an option (here we go... :icon_smile_wink:)

Here are a few of the threads....
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,11152.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43948.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9081.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37920.0.html

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Hemidog

Nice rides! welcome!

tan top

hello & welcome :wave:  ... real nice mopars you have there :yesnod:  .... look forward to seeing more pictures sometime  :2thumbs:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tilar

Quote from: Dans 68 on March 14, 2009, 01:59:05 AM

Yes, Bull does know that they are rare. 74 of the 2-bbl and 259 of the 4-bbl 383 XP's were made. And A/C was (supposedly) not an option (here we go... :icon_smile_wink:)

Dan

He did have this to say about the 68...

1968 Charger 383/4 speed/air - Here is my current project. Another car that turned from a decent "20 footer" to a major project.  The car had quarter skins put on, and the idiot didn't put them on straight/bondo'd the crap out of them-being misaligned. Frame was rusting out from the inside out....All I can say is thank you AMD!!! 

This is the first car I'm making it how I want it versus how it came from the factory....

That Coronet is really sweet. I've been in love with the Chargers since the day they came out, But since I've been on this site I'm learning a whole new respect for the Coronet.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

:wave:  I'm a Charger guy but Love that R/T Conv.  Lots and lots of info here.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

dpm68

Muy bien. Nice cars...very nice cars.

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

dodgecharger-fan

Welcome!

I love that 'net ragtop!

Dans 68

Quote from: Tilar on March 14, 2009, 06:46:23 AM
Quote from: Dans 68 on March 14, 2009, 01:59:05 AM

Dan

He did have this to say about the 68...

This is the first car I'm making it how I want it versus how it came from the factory....

That Coronet is really sweet. I've been in love with the Chargers since the day they came out, But since I've been on this site I'm learning a whole new respect for the Coronet.

Tilar,

He mentions re-making the car with a 5-speed keisler. Perhaps he meant to say "1968 Charger 383/5 speed/air" in his first post, and it was simply a 318 automatic as built by the factory car that he is re-working. But unless I ask I will never know.... ;D

Dan

mauve66

love Coronet convertibles, welcome
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

1970Moparmann

The Charger is rare also, but I personally can't do the green on green anymore!  Did it before and I was going to change it, but thought with the 70 I had, it shouldn't be touched-too original..

I've always restored cars to the way they came from the factory, but this time I want a car I can drive anywhere.  Thinking about doing a RT 66 with my kids some day.  Definitely doing the Hot Rod Mopar Tour with the Collectors Guide group. 

I do have the original trans, but the engine is in a Duster in Texas.  I'm working on the guy to get that back at some time.  I figure I can always get the car back to how it was if I ever want to go that route.

Again, thanks for all the reply's and look forward to being a part of this website. 

Do most of you guys belong to the Dodge Charger Registry?  The last time I was at a meet was in Auburn, IN about 6 years ago. Met Wayne Wooten a couple of times and can't say enough on what a great guy he is.

The car does have air, and rear defroster!  The car does not have a fender tag, but I have 85% of a build sheet.  The cool part about it also is I have all the paperwork and it was in Chicago it's whole life.  Bad for the frame and metal though-hence thank God for AMD!  The other cool thing, I know the previous two of the three owners.  One guy who owned it for 15 years, I met due to work prior to knowing he owned the car!!  The guy who I bought the car from had it for 10 years.  It's always awesome to know a cars history.  Unfortunately, with the Coronet I have no history at all.  The 70 Charger (Plum Crazy) as only owned by one other person.   Brought the car to the original owner after it was restored and he almost started crying.  Too bad he passed away the other year.

Picture of original owner with restored car-

FlatbackFanatic

Welcome!! Nice wheels! :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

The70RT

Welcome....purty rides  :cheers:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nh_mopar_fan

welcome, love that ragtop!

472 R/T SE

My first car was a 68 Coronet R/T back in '84.  Always wanted a plum crazy 70 and it took until 5 years ago to get one.  I almost traded my Challenger for a factory black on black vert '68 Coronet R/T here about a year ago.

I really like the no vinyl top on your 70.  Dodge Don is restoring his car very similar to yours.  He's on vacation so he won't comment until he gets back I'm sure.

My wife peeked over my shoulder at your vert and she commented how nice it was.  That's uncommon.  :2thumbs:

Nice job!!!