News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spent my tax refund on my Superbird!

Started by 70Sbird, March 11, 2009, 06:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Hello everyone,
As any of you that have seen my car can attest, My 'Bird is a driver and will eventually need to be repainted, I decided to start collecting the detail parts that will need to be replaced when (and if) that repaint ever happens!
This week I ordered the plastic lenses and some dash items (more on the dash project going South in another thread!).

I got my box from BE&A yesterday
All I can say is WOW!
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I thought my old lenses and lights looked decent until I saw these.
I love new parts!
Especially exact copies that are probably better than the originals in 1970

Mike has done a great job with these and his customer service is second to none!

Scott Faulkner

hotrod98

:2thumbs:
I bought a set from Mike for my wife's clone. They look great. Now all I need is a set of housings. Anyone?  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

FJ5WING

WOW!!
Your parts look awsome! I need to order the same items. I have 2 sets of the front signal lenses (1 set from the car and 1 I picked up a long time ago before they were repopped)

I busted the rear marker lenses while trying to take them out, Man that 40 year old plastic just didnt want to flex. :P

The reverse lenses are clouded now that I see your new ones. :RantExplode:
wingless now, but still around.

Aero426

Quote from: FJ5WING on March 11, 2009, 07:47:26 PM
WOW!!
Your parts look awsome! I need to order the same items. I have 2 sets of the front signal lenses (1 set from the car and 1 I picked up a long time ago before they were repopped)

I busted the rear marker lenses while trying to take them out, Man that 40 year old plastic just didnt want to flex. :P

The reverse lenses are clouded now that I see your new ones. :RantExplode:

Actually, I think the original lenses are slightly cloudy from the factory on purpose, so as not to see the bulbs inside.    The repops almost look too crystal clear.

This is an NOS lens.   Look at the lettering through the lens compared to outside the lens.    The outer edge rim looks different too.

I am not picking on the repros.  They look very nice, and are available at a good price.

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 11, 2009, 06:33:00 PM
I bought a set from Mike for my wife's clone. They look great. Now all I need is a set of housings. Anyone?  ;D

One of these!

hotrod98

Quote from: 62 Max on March 11, 2009, 09:43:53 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on March 11, 2009, 06:33:00 PM

One of these!

Looks like the one. Any chance you would have a set for sale? I have the Superbird brackets and the lenses, but no housings.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Dave Kanofsky

Hey 70Sbird -

I noticed the Charger, Road Runner and SuperBee restoration guide book in your picture -
PLEASE be sure to confirm any information in that book with another source - that book is so full of errors is makes me ill.

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on March 11, 2009, 06:29:57 PM
Hello everyone,
As any of you that have seen my car can attest, My 'Bird is a driver and will eventually need to be repainted, I decided to start collecting the detail parts that will need to be replaced when (and if) that repaint ever happens!
This week I ordered the plastic lenses and some dash items (more on the dash project going South in another thread!).

I got my box from BE&A yesterday
All I can say is WOW!
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I thought my old lenses and lights looked decent until I saw these.
I love new parts!
Especially exact copies that are probably better than the originals in 1970

Mike has done a great job with these and his customer service is second to none!

i need a set of those back up lens also , I got one that is all cracked up .

they look just perfect for the birdible .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Very cool !!!  Great way to stimulate the economy...............   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70Sbird

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 12, 2009, 07:58:20 AM
Hey 70Sbird -

I noticed the Charger, Road Runner and SuperBee restoration guide book in your picture -
PLEASE be sure to confirm any information in that book with another source - that book is so full of errors is makes me ill.

Dave,
Thanks for the warning although I already found a few errors there myself! :RantExplode:
I've just been working on a dash project and had all those books our as reference material.
Scott

Scott Faulkner