News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2008 charger

Started by speedbag, March 10, 2009, 01:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedbag

just bought a 2008 charger SE....... any thumbs up or down about the car?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: speedbag on March 10, 2009, 01:59:52 PM

Love mine...you will get mixed emotions over here.

Welcome to the site :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Rack

Quote from: speedbag on March 10, 2009, 01:59:52 PM

Dodge is making Chargers again?

:rofl:

Seriously though, congratulations on your car. I like the way that vehicle looks, I just don't like that it's called a "Charger".  :nana:

Mike DC

The collective opinion on the car from here tends to be this:  It's a decent piece of automobile for the money, but we just don't think it had any business wearing the same name as the old Chargers given the styling and extra doors. 

It would probably have gotten a warmer reception from the old Charger fans if DCX had just introduced the same car and called it a Magnum sedan or something.   

nh_mopar_fan

You bought one and then coming looking for opinions?

Why?  :pity:

:smilielol:

vancamp

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 10, 2009, 04:18:18 PM
The collective opinion on the car from here tends to be this:  It's a decent piece of automobile for the money, but we just don't think it had any business wearing the same name as the old Chargers given the styling and extra doors. 

It would probably have gotten a warmer reception from the old Charger fans if DCX had just introduced the same car and called it a Magnum sedan or something.   

I agree a buddy of mine wants to buy one and put coronet emblems on it :icon_smile_big:

ITSA426

I recently bought an 08 SXT with the 26h package for my bride.  It's a nice car for the money and it has the features she wanted.  It gets good gas mileage and drives comfortably.  It has the 3.5.

MoparManJim

Quote from: vancamp on March 10, 2009, 06:58:32 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 10, 2009, 04:18:18 PM

I agree a buddy of mine wants to buy one and put coronet emblems on it :icon_smile_big: 

Now, there his a guy after my own heart! I told my cousin that if I would ever get one, I would take the "Charger" badging off and get either Chellenger or Cuda badging for on it but no way a dang changer badge would be on it. Don't get me wrong here, I like the car in a way as it as a turtle design to it. But the name badging doesn't fit the car AT all.   :lol: :shruggy: 

My other cousin is still haveing a hard time of thinking of the cars being a charger with 4 doors.. and he's been trying to convice himself for the past few years now and hasn't yet.  :smilielol: 

Like he says, that car is not a charger, a charger only had two doors not four of them.

TheGhost

Pics?  Auto or manual?  Engine?

I love the new Chargers, and wouldn't mind picking one up, myself.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

68charger383

Local dealer has been selling them new for $16K for SXT, $22K for R/T and $32 for SRT8

Not bad for the money$$$ could be tempting
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Sinister68

Should've bought a new Challenger  :D  :D
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Mopar2Ya

IIRC, SE's are only V6 autos.
Quote from: 68charger383 on March 10, 2009, 08:08:37 PM
Local dealer has been selling them new for $16K for SXT, $22K for R/T and $32 for SRT8

What dealer? Those are really low prices.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

speedbag

its a 3.5...... i tend to agree with the name and i was asking just on the thought of the name ......... it's a bigger car so no more "not enough leg or head room" for us taller guys :)

speedbag

hey Sinister68 ..... believe me if i had the extra dough i would have  :yesnod:

71bigblock

Quote from: TheGhost on March 10, 2009, 07:55:49 PM
  Auto or manual? 

No such thing as a manual new Charger.

They are great cars.  The 3.5 is a great engine.  I have that in my Magnum, love it.   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

TheGhost

Quote from: 71bigblock on March 11, 2009, 02:01:46 PM
  Auto or manual? 

The Challenger has a manual option, why not the Charger?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

71bigblock

Because it doesnt, simple as that.  When the Magnum and 300 were available, then the Charger a year later, it was never an option.  How many people want a manual in a full size sedan or wagon?  A few might, but compared to the general population, it just wasnt worth it.  Now introduce a 2 door performance car, and quite a few % of people are going to want a manual. 
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

68charger383

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on March 10, 2009, 08:25:27 PM

Champion Dodge in Downey, Ca.

Check out the LA times Sunday for their ad....great deals.

I actually went there today and they let me drive a Challenger R/T with a 6 spd.  :drool5: seemed like a cool dealership to deal with.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Ponch ®

Quote from: 68charger383 on March 11, 2009, 05:02:40 PM
Quote from: Mopar2Ya on March 10, 2009, 08:25:27 PM

Check out the LA times Sunday for their ad....great deals.

I actually went there today and they let me drive a Challenger R/T with a 6 spd.  :drool5: seemed like a cool dealership to deal with.

those prices in the LA times can be misleading, because there is always VERY fine print that says something like "1 at this price".

Since you went there, what were they asking for the Chally? I went to my local dealership (one of two left in the Valley) with a buddy and we were completely ignored. We left after 20 or so minutes of wandering around the lot with not one single salesman approaching us. Granted, we were there only to look around and kill some time, but THEY didn't know that...and since we pulled up right in front of the showroom in my 08 Charger, you'd think they'd surmise we were serious customers.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Ghoste

Quote from: TheGhost on March 11, 2009, 04:30:23 PM
Quote from: 71bigblock on March 11, 2009, 02:01:46 PM
  Auto or manual? 

The Challenger has a manual option, why not the Charger?

Because it was always meant to occupy the space vacated by the Intrepid.  It is a four door mid size family sedan.   Big credit to the performance and this isn't another of my typical "hater" posts, I'm just being factual.  It was dressed up a little to give a European touring sedan flair but the target demographic was the family sedan buyers.

68charger383

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 11, 2009, 05:35:48 PM

those prices in the LA times can be misleading, because there is always VERY fine print that says something like "1 at this price".

Since you went there, what were they asking for the Chally? I went to my local dealership (one of two left in the Valley) with a buddy and we were completely ignored.

Actually they had like 12 R/Ts and 3 SRT8s at that price, so they are well stocked on the sale cars.

The Challys were going for sticker, maybe a little below. I was told to wait for the summer and they should be selling for invoice + $300.

Valley Dodge are good guys, they usually let you to walk around and don't pounce on you.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Ponch ®

Quote from: 68charger383 on March 11, 2009, 11:48:16 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on March 11, 2009, 05:35:48 PM

Since you went there, what were they asking for the Chally? I went to my local dealership (one of two left in the Valley) with a buddy and we were completely ignored.

Actually they had like 12 R/Ts and 3 SRT8s at that price, so they are well stocked on the sale cars.

The Challys were going for sticker, maybe a little below. I was told to wait for the summer and they should be selling for invoice + $300.

Valley Dodge are good guys, they usually let you to walk around and don't pounce on you.

hmmm i need to swing by Downey Dodge then. do some window shopping, gearhead style.

Yeah, Valley Dodge is ok. We actually went to the other one left in the Valley (Dependable Dodge in Canoga Park), and we were surprised, cause Dependable also has a great customer service reputation.