News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2008 charger

Started by speedbag, March 10, 2009, 01:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

QuoteBecause it was always meant to occupy the space vacated by the Intrepid.  It is a four door mid size family sedan.   Big credit to the performance and this isn't another of my typical "hater" posts, I'm just being factual.  It was dressed up a little to give a European touring sedan flair but the target demographic was the family sedan buyers.

Precisely. 

And for all our moaning & groaning, this was closer to the original Chargers than we want to admit.  Back in the 1960s tons of people still bought 2dr daily cars long after they'd become presentable grownups & started having kids. 

They had 4drs & wagons back then too, but a lot of those kinds of customers have currently shifted to buying minivans & SUVs that didn't exist in the 60s.

69charger2002

back on topic. we bought an 08 charger (for the wife) in july of '08. sold it jan. 09. i absolutely hated it. i'll admit i didn't give it much of a chance.. the interior is just plain.. and that is one reason i have decided to pass on the new challenger. the wife thought she wanted a charger.. then only put 4600 miles on it. just sat in the building she liked it less and less. thankfully we got out from under it only losing $2000. no more new cars for us.  i knew better.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 12, 2009, 08:20:28 AM
back on topic. we bought an 08 charger (for the wife) in july of '08. sold it jan. 09. i absolutely hated it. i'll admit i didn't give it much of a chance.. the interior is just plain.. and that is one reason i have decided to pass on the new challenger. the wife thought she wanted a charger.. then only put 4600 miles on it. just sat in the building she liked it less and less. thankfully we got out from under it only losing $2000. no more new cars for us.  i knew better.
trav

was it a plain jane SE?

I agree about the interior being plain and boring, especially on a stripped down base model. It's the one thing I hated about the 2.7L Charger I had (well, besides the obvious weak powerplant). It was a former rental car. Even the "base" '08 R/T I bought a year or so later was much nicer as far as standard options and interior trim - little things, like heated seats, a Sirius ready radio, silver trim around the dash and panels, and rear seats that actually fold down.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69charger2002

yes it was a stripper 2.7 model. we got it for $17,600 new. added wheels and tires to it, moonroof, and a spoiler. the interior was plain and i hated the front end. the car rode very nice, smooth. as you said motor had no balls at all. mileage was decent. around 22 overall mpg. just wasn't happy with it. for the price comparative to others in that price range, i don't see much else as a family car i would have bought.. so i see why they sell so many.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/