News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reverse Light

Started by CornDogsCharger, April 15, 2009, 09:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

Can someone tell me where the reverse light wires are supposed to hook up on a 70 model?  Thanks

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

A383Wing

At the transmission neutral safety switch...there will be 3 pins on the switch...one is for "neutral-park" only start, the other 2 are for reverse lights....

I assume you are working on an automatic trans....if it's a 4speed, there is a 2 prong switch in the back of the manual trans

maxwellwedge

Are you talking about the Reverse Light Indicator under the dash? It should show in the FSM.

CornDogsCharger

It is the reverse light that is mounted on the lower dash pad just to the right of the steering column.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

maxwellwedge

Is the car a 4-speed? They were the only ones that came with that. I can look at one of my '70's tomorrow to see were it plugs in if you like.

Added - I just noticed from your pic that the car is a stick. I'll check the service manual as well - I only have an E-Body to look at here but it should give us an idea.

Ghoste

Are you just talking about the wiring diagrams?  Because I think you can get all of those on the 70 Charger Registry site, in color no less.

CornDogsCharger

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

I checked out the 70 Charger Registry site.  Thanks.  That answered everything I needed to know.  The loose wire connected to the fuse box.  That's what I figured but I was just wanting to make sure.  Thanks again

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee