News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sox & Martin Vs. Richard Petty - Superbird Match Race!

Started by OneBadSuperbird, March 07, 2009, 02:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneBadSuperbird

Hey y'all, I don't post here very often but I was going through some old footage last night doing more cataloguing for more upcoming specialty DVD's and came across this footage from the 1991 Mopar Nationals. This was when I had first done up my Superbird as a replica of the S&M Bird. Note the silver decals that were only on the car in 1991. They were later replaced by the prism decals that are still on the car to this day. The "C/MP 1047" class lettering is not on the windows yet and neither is "The Boss" lettering on the hood scoop.

The Petty Superbird was owned by Glen Peters out of Iowa and was a really nice car. I haven't seen that car since around 2001 and don't know if Glen still owns the car or not.

It's hard to believe that this was nearly 18 years ago. Time sure does fly by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmB2lHek__Q&feature=channel_page
Save A Rare Rotter Today - Rebody It!

Click on pic to check out the FIVE STAR PRODUCTIONS website!

nascarxx29

Glenn no longer owns it ..I know who has it currently he also got a daytona from my area.And that superbird .He didnt get Glenns R4 daytona.I can try to email him and see if he will chime in on out board.I remember Glenn though the petty glasses and hat.the 440 made into hemi valve covers .And one of the meets he food colored dyed anti freeze and washer fluid.And had them in the correct containers and drink out of it .or offer you some
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

that's cool to watch--it's like slot cars in life size!

Lizey

of course the sox and martin car would win
its made to be a drag car, petty's was built for nascar
cool video tho id kill for either car lol
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: Lizey on March 08, 2009, 08:31:45 PM
of course the sox and martin car would win
its made to be a drag car, petty's was built for nascar
cool video tho id kill for either car lol
Yup, who won the race was not an issue at all.  Watching two cool old race-inspired Superbirds going at it was what it was all about.
Save A Rare Rotter Today - Rebody It!

Click on pic to check out the FIVE STAR PRODUCTIONS website!