News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Advice on a trustable shop in Maryland!

Started by DREDILSKI, February 21, 2009, 03:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DREDILSKI

The site keeps telling me my file is to large to post my pics. I have a 73 SE and I need some all around work done. I want to post pics to give you guys an idea but I can't seem to get them up. I went into the program I downloaded them with and and tried to adjust but it wouldn't let me. I need help with both, finding a all around shop (body, engine, suspension, interior) or just someone who is great at a few of them to get me started, here in the D.C., Maryland, Virginia area and how to post up my car. Any help greatfully appreciated.

DRE
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

71charger_fan

R.F. Autobody on East Street in Frederick is a very good, honest shop that knows and appreciates older Mopars. Tell them the guy with the plum crazy '71 they worked on sent you.

If you need a fabrication shop, check out Fast Lane Fabrications in Jefferson. www.fastlanefabrications.com

Terry

71charger_fan

By the way, there's always a chance you'll find my Charger at Fast Lane. The owner has a set of keys to it and takes it out for me once in a while to keep the battery charged and the tires round.

http://www.moparmuscle69.com/1971chargerterry.htm

71charger_fan

I forgot to mention Automotive Parts and Machine off Patrick Street on the east side of Frederick is excellent as is Gunthers in (I think) Woodsboro for engine/machine work.

DREDILSKI

Thanks.

I plan on starting with getting the engine checked out, so I'll be looking up the engine shops first. I have a friend of my dad who is working on the body right now and depending on what he does or when he gets done, the engine is next in line. And again, Thanks.  :cheers:
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

DREDILSKI

:scratchchin:
Can i use you (or your car) as a refference at all of the shops?

What engine work did you have done and if possible could you give me a ballpark of what it ran you?

I would like to have the engine striped down to the block and rebuilt with all new parts ( or based on the price, keep whatever I don't need to change) and have it be a reliable, "turn-key" engine. I know it is going to be a steep up hill battle in reguards to getting this done on a budget and getting the best quality possible.
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

71charger_fan

What I paid wouldn't mean anything. I built my engine in 1994 so my outlay won't remotely reflect current prices. I am considering hauling out the original 383 block, building that, and sticking it back in the car and calling it quits as far as the engine. If I do, I will definitely take it to Automotive Parts & Machine. However, that's a long way from where you are. Between Budd's Creek, Capitol Raceway, Mason-Dixon, the reopening 75-80, and the track up by Rising Sun, there've got to be more than two decent machine shops in Maryland.

The shop the painted my car was A&M, also in Frederick, but the owner passed away and the shop's long gone. R.F. fixed some rust for me a few years ago on the passenger quarter and did a simply amazing job of blending the paint. I think it cost me about $800 but I can't swear to it. I don't think using me as a reference will save you anything or get you any better service, but feel free to tell them I recommended them. Maybe it'll get me a discount when I go back for a repaint either this year or next. I'm still trying to decide on a color.

Terry