News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ref. Pictures needed. Superbird headlight spring attached to headlight bucket

Started by chaaargerb, March 05, 2009, 08:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaaargerb

I am looking for some pictures of the headlight spring attached to headlight bucket on a superbird. I'm sure someone has posted them on this site but I'm on dial up and it takes forever to look. Thanks :coolgleamA:

Hemi_tyme

Aero426

My springs are on the car, but I have them completely backed off.    If your actuators are good, you will have sufficient vacuum to hold the lights in the up position.   You also never have to worry about the unsightly lights popping up when parked problem. 

pettybird

what's the easiest way to back them off?  I'm tired of the bright-eyed Hemi Daytona here.  it makes me feel bad when i walk in half asleep  ;)

maxwellwedge

Undo the bolt and run...or bend up a coat hanger to wrap around the tang, pull at the tang while undoing the bolt. It is a B*&CH to put back on properly. They must of had a special tool that held the spring in a bound position.

BS27ROB

My car is missing one of those spring anchoring angles. Are they available or will I need to fabricate one? Shouldn't be hard.

Aero426

Quote from: BS27ROB on March 05, 2009, 01:17:06 PM
My car is missing one of those spring anchoring angles. Are they available or will I need to fabricate one? Shouldn't be hard.

1. Bend sheet metal
2. Drill holes.

Again, if they or the springs are not there, no biggie, particularly if you are non OE Gold.   It's tough to see any of that stuff with the car assembled.

CornDogsCharger

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

chaaargerb

Thanks for all the pics so far. It doesn't look like it's going to be any fun trying to put those buckets back in. Should we have put the buckets in than attach the Z brackets? We had a pretty hard time getting the nose to fit I would hate to have to take it off to put the buckets in. :brickwall:

Aero426

I've only done it once, but I assembled the buckets amd headlights into the nose before I did anything else.   Then I added the Z-brackets, and then that whole assembly to the lower channel brackets on the car.   The advantage I had was it was just a repaint of the nose and nothing was bent, missing,  or misaligned to start with. 

62 Max

Quote from: chaaargerb on March 06, 2009, 08:37:42 AM
Thanks for all the pics so far. It doesn't look like it's going to be any fun trying to put those buckets back in. Should we have put the buckets in than attach the Z brackets? We had a pretty hard time getting the nose to fit I would hate to have to take it off to put the buckets in. :brickwall:

Life would have been a lot easier had you put the buckets in first.

Aero426

Here's how Justin took the nose assembly apart.   He's just pulled the Z-brackets off.   Install is reverse of this.   Headlight buckets in, then Z-brackets,  then mount to car.