News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is your Charger the original colour?

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 04, 2009, 08:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is your Charger the original colour?

Yes
70 (42.7%)
No
69 (42.1%)
Kind Of
19 (11.6%)
It has no paint
6 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Foreman72

Quote from: Ghoste on March 04, 2009, 10:08:03 PM
Alright, I'll come out of the closet; I like green!

:o

:cheers: thats right  :lol:

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 04, 2009, 10:06:28 PM
To each their own!! One of my favorite colors for a 69 Charger is F8! There is nothing wrong with green, if its done nice! :Twocents:

yeah your right...as long as its done correctly... :icon_smile_cool:

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

maxwellwedge

I have an F8 Hemi-X with hood performance treatment and white gut and it looks smokin'. F6 is one of my all time fave colours on any Mopar. Have/had Limelite and Sassy-Grass and those colors are tough to beat as well.  :2thumbs:

Foreman72

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 04, 2009, 10:20:58 PM
I have an F8 Hemi-X with hood performance treatment and white gut and it looks smokin'. F6 is one of my all time fave colours on any Mopar. Have/had Limelite and Sassy-Grass and those colors are tough to beat as well.  :2thumbs:

:o :o

that must look outrageous!!
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

maxwellwedge

http://www.moparaction.com/Article/GTX-CELLENT/GTX-CELLENT.html

Foreman72

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 04, 2009, 10:30:08 PM

http://www.moparaction.com/Article/GTX-CELLENT/GTX-CELLENT.html
:faint:
Eric "Foreman"

A383Wing

Of the 3 Chargers we have, the Daytona is purple, not original, one of our 66 Chargers is now black, was a white car originally, and the other 66 Charger still wears it's original cream SS1 paint from 1966

69*F5*SE

My car is to be its original color of F5 Medium green metallic, a 69 only color or colour.   :icon_smile_tongue:

oldgold69

mine is  y4 gold metalic soon to be bare metal if it ever gets warm again

Silver R/T

Mine's in black primer, originally silver with red stripes (will be painted original color)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Rolling_Thunder

mine was originally WW1 Alpine White...    Painted it Toyota Super White...   only reason is the Toyo is a bit brighter...   looks better IMO
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69chargerboy

My Charger was originally B7/B7. I would have kept it original color if I had the original drivetrain.  :icon_smile_cool:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

dodgecharger-fan

No paint now, but it will get put back to its original colour..... F8 GREEN!!!!  :icon_smile_big:

moparmark

Both of our chargers are the original colour.Mine is hemi orange (V2) and my wife's is F6. I wouldn't dare to paint them another colour!!!

Mark

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Back N Black

My car started its life as a White Hat Special. Flem green just like the one in the sales ad. Now its triple black with a 440.

hemigeno

I have an F8 Hemi-X with hood performance treatment and white gut and it looks smokin'.

My R/T was originally F8 Green also, and I personally like the color.  Is it my favorite color?  No, but it's not one that I dislike either - plus a well-done F8 paint job does look great IMHO.  Right now, my wife and I are at a stalemate in terms of what color the R/T should be.  She likes its current V2 color, and maybe R4 or B5 but wants nothing to do with F8 Green.  I'm a numbers guy and am fairly determined to take it back to F8 if the need ever arises (meaning if I play the game of WrinkleFender with it sometime and lose).  Right now we're leaving it alone, but she and I may have issues if the car needs paint.  Maybe that'll give me an excuse to go shopping for another car, eh?   :P

F6 is one of my all time fave colours on any Mopar. Have/had Limelite and Sassy-Grass and those colors are tough to beat as well.  :2thumbs:

Absolutely one of my all-time favorites too...  Still have a magazine around here somewhere with Mason Dixon's '69 F6 HemiCharger doing a monster burnout -- what a great car and color!

triple_green

Because we are loving on green here.....

My car is 66-1 which was a spring introduction color, which became F8 in 69 and on.

There were several "spring" colors...because Dodge sold so many more Chargers than the previous year..they were buying up stuff from everywhere and pre-implementing 69 model year items. My car is a May 68 build date, and has several features that really were meant for 69 model year intro.

I painted my car the base/clear coat, but the stock color. They warned me that it would be 25% brighter than the enamel, and it is.

There is a lot of confusion between GG-1(more dark olive green) and 66-1 on the fender tag, and some paint code sources do not even show the "spring" only colors. In fact, my car is painted GG-1 under the vinyl top as the body guy made this mistake after doing the rear window rust repair and vinyl roof installation.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

WM23N1G1

Mine used to be ButterScotch, now is kind of Hemi Orange...

resq302

I had to vote "kind of" since my car was born with F8 green but the previous owner had painted it R4 red which is still a factory optional color.  Since the car needed no body work and the paint was in excellent shape I decided to save some money and keep it that color.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparstuart

mine is viper red right now , I double I will ever put it back  T5 bronze
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Stretch

Yep, mine is the original color.(F1 pale green) Hell it's the original paint, decals, and vinyl top.

I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

jb666

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on March 05, 2009, 10:37:12 AM
mine is viper red right now , I double I will ever put it back  T5 bronze

You mean you dont like Bronze?   :scratchchin:   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on March 05, 2009, 09:49:35 AM
I had to vote "kind of" since my car was born with F8 green but the previous owner had painted it R4 red which is still a factory optional color.  Since the car needed no body work and the paint was in excellent shape I decided to save some money and keep it that color.

I wouldn't say that's a "kind of" Brian...I would say its a no like mine... ;)

Originally R6 Blood Red now painted a custom V2 ish color started by the previous owner...if I knew 10 years ago what I know now about originality I would have went back to the R6
Chris' '69 Charger R/T