News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona detail paint codes needed

Started by pettybird, March 04, 2009, 10:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

We're restoring an R6 car here at the shop and I don't know what the right formulas are for the road wheel red brake drum paint or the gray fender primer are.  you guys have codes or colors you're willing to share with our paint guys?

Also, if the car is a power drum car, what are the booster/master colors?  My "bird" mind knows only power discs  ;)

Thanks

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on March 04, 2009, 10:42:14 AM
We're restoring an R6 car here at the shop and I don't know what the right formulas are for the road wheel red brake drum paint or the gray fender primer are.  you guys have codes or colors you're willing to share with our paint guys?

Also, if the car is a power drum car, what are the booster/master colors?  My "bird" mind knows only power discs  ;)

Thanks
you just have a bird brain  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Frank Badalson sells the correct red drum paint. I think Patik sells the correct color primer.

The booster is gold zinc and the master is natural with a gold cad top, zinc phosphate strap and bolt. I have better pics at home.

hemi68charger

Hey Steve... Looks like your old 'Tona's about to go under the knife............ 

Doug, I got my primer paint from Dave Patik as Maxwellwedge has eluded to... You can see the product on my hemi charger progress thread............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 04, 2009, 11:54:03 AM
Frank Badalson sells the correct red drum paint. I think Patik sells the correct color primer.

The booster is gold zinc and the master is natural with a gold cad top, zinc phosphate strap and bolt. I have better pics at home.

OK I was told that the bolt down cap is correct for manual cars, and not power--is that not hard and fast or is it from a different year? 

johntpr

Power drum brake cars had the bolt down cap as well.  Power disc brake cars had the other style master

maxwellwedge

Quote from: johntpr on March 04, 2009, 12:47:06 PM
Power drum brake cars had the bolt down cap as well.  Power disc brake cars had the other style master
Exacta-Mundo!

pettybird

what is the "double boob" master for?  the one with same size reservoirs?

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on March 04, 2009, 05:41:07 PM
what is the "double boob" master for?  the one with same size reservoirs?

If you're referring to the one in my picture, then it's for cars with front drums... Cars with disc used the other reservoirs of unequal size... Obviously, my cap should be cad. plated (goldish in color).

Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BPTRacing

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 04, 2009, 08:42:38 PM

If you're referring to the one in my picture, then it's for cars with front drums... Cars with disc used the other reservoirs of unequal size... Obviously, my cap should be cad. plated (goldish in color).

Troy

I can fix that for ya!   :cheers:  At ProMax we do plating on carb parts every day!
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.