News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which companies to deal with for classic mopar purchase???

Started by ozziemoparnut, March 02, 2009, 08:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozziemoparnut

I am looking for a decent 68 Charger I have been looking around for quite sometime in Australia and they are few and far between and everyone wants big $$$ for very average examples.

I have been going through numerous websites in the states as well and compnies will either not respond at all or when they do they its companies like HPLAG.com that seem too keen to sell or Texastoybox.com that seem like good guys to deal with and they have sent a few cars over here but I have no idea what they are really like.

I have used the search function and couldn't find what I am looking for so what I am after is some help for you guys and girls on who is a good company to deal with for purchasing a Classic Mopars or if you know of any good private sale cars with owners that don't mind helping me out with getting the car to Australia. (I will pay any costs associated with getting the car here)

if you can provide any contact details that would also be much appreciated

:cheers:     

Dans 68

First, find a car you want to see. Craigslist, eBay, oldride.com, Hemmings, etc. are all good sites to look (go to crazedlist to do a search by region on craigslist). There should be a member close by that can check it out.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

68r/t

Try justmustangs.com.au   he has a few in at the moment and is located in Melbourne.

dkn1997

Quote from: ozziemoparnut on March 02, 2009, 08:20:17 PM
I am looking for a decent 68 Charger I have been looking around for quite sometime in Australia and they are few and far between and everyone wants big $$$ for very average examples.

I have been going through numerous websites in the states as well and compnies will either not respond at all or when they do they its companies like HPLAG.com that seem too keen to sell or Texastoybox.com that seem like good guys to deal with and they have sent a few cars over here but I have no idea what they are really like.

I have used the search function and couldn't find what I am looking for so what I am after is some help for you guys and girls on who is a good company to deal with for purchasing a Classic Mopars or if you know of any good private sale cars with owners that don't mind helping me out with getting the car to Australia. (I will pay any costs associated with getting the car here)

if you can provide any contact details that would also be much appreciated

:cheers:     

If it were me that far away, I would try to locate an independent appraiser and pay him to evaluate any car before you pay to have it shipped to you down under.
It seems like an awful lot of these "classic car dealers" are less than honest, especially when dealing with overseas buyers. 

gooday mate!!!
RECHRGED

PocketThunder

G-man is a member here and he bought a car local to me that i looked over for him before he bought it and had it shipped to Australia.  You could ask him how to go about the process. 

Like others have said, after you find the car that you want, ask on here who lives in or near that town and more than likely one of us will be happy to help you out.
:yesnod:  :yesnod:  :yesnod:  :yesnod:

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jb666

Another strong warning is to stay away from a company called BK Auto in Houston Texas. They "build" classics/tv cars and send them out of country(if need be). Needless to say you'd regret your purchase  :cheers: :cheers:

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: jb666 on March 03, 2009, 06:41:08 PM
Another strong warning is to stay away from a company called BK Auto in Houston Texas. They "build" classics/tv cars and send them out of country(if need be). Needless to say you'd regret your purchase  :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for the heads up I have read a few of your posts and have them crossed off the list do the same people own HLPAG.com????? 

jb666

Quote from: ozziemoparnut on March 03, 2009, 06:55:57 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 03, 2009, 06:41:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up I have read a few of your posts and have them crossed off the list do the same people own HLPAG.com????? 

I don't think so, no. They just do the same quality work.

skip68

To be honest with you, any company that loves to ship cars is doing it for one reason.  MONEY.  The best thing is to find a car and have a member go over the car and take lots of pictures.  I checked out a 69 4spd car here in Las Vegas for CB that lives in Belgium.   I did the test ride, took 96 pictures top to bottom, frames rails, and then went over the car with a magnet.  I'm sure other members here will do the same.   :2thumbs:   Chuck.........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

rrockchrger

Hey Ozzie, I live 10 minutes away from where Texas toybox is located.  I had a weird experience with them two years ago when I was interested in a charger they had.  The guy was friendly until I told him I was nearby and wanted to come look for myself.  He told me to go buy a chevy and leave the mopars for the eastcoast car guys??  Two other members said they got the same response. 

I think he just polishes up crappy cars and sells them overseas to unknowing buyers. 

But If you want I can check out a car for you over there if he will let me.   

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: rrockchrger on March 03, 2009, 09:17:42 PM
Hey Ozzie, I live 10 minutes away from where Texas toybox is located.  I had a weird experience with them two years ago when I was interested in a charger they had.  The guy was friendly until I told him I was nearby and wanted to come look for myself.  He told me to go buy a chevy and leave the mopars for the eastcoast car guys??  Two other members said they got the same response. 

I think he just polishes up crappy cars and sells them overseas to unknowing buyers. 

But If you want I can check out a car for you over there if he will let me.   

Funny that you mention that as one of the guy's that owns the place (very nice with the limited dealings I have had) mentioned to me that they don't sell there cars in Texas as no-one likes Mopars in Texas and they don't even bother to advertise there but they do in every other state which honestly sounded a bit strange to me so thanks heaps for the heads up the only problem is all the options that are easy to find are now disappearing  dammit :brickwall: 

vancamp

I have a friend in Dallas that is thinking selling his 68 probaly in the $28,000 range give or take