News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got Snow? Get a Honda CR-V!

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, March 02, 2009, 10:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 03, 2009, 08:42:16 AM

You and me both pal....I only posted how much I liked my wife's Honda then the holier than thou's chimed in with their "truckers trucks" (love that Chevy commercial with Howie Long)
Wheres that train wreck pic?  :rotz:

I live in the Motor City. My family, friends, and neighbors have been laid off....forgive me if I'm a little sensitive about the subject.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 03, 2009, 08:57:53 AM

You and me both pal....I only posted how much I liked my wife's Honda then the holier than thou's chimed in with their "truckers trucks" (love that Chevy commercial with Howie Long)

I live in the Motory City. My family, friends, and neighbors have been laid off....sorry if I'm a little sensitive about the subject.

Again all the "subject" was about was how much I liked the CR-V in the snow :rotz:

Everyone else made it a different "subject"...as usual

Sorry to offend
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 03, 2009, 09:04:20 AM

I live in the Motory City. My family, friends, and neighbors have been laid off....sorry if I'm a little sensitive about the subject.

Again all the "subject" was about was how much I liked the CR-V in the snow :rotz:

Sorry to offend

My spouse has an Odyssey, they are great vans, what made you decide to trade yours in for the CR-V?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Mopar2Ya

Tires can make a big difference in the snow too. MT tires don't always do well on-road, in icy conditions.
Quote from: bigcountry on March 03, 2009, 12:18:13 AM
It's not really where they are produced, it's where the prophits go.  And don't think for a minute there are no prophits to be had....if that where so, the doors would close real quick...that's buisness.
Very true the profit is the main point. There is no doubt Detroit should bring those jobs back to the USA.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 03, 2009, 09:30:07 AM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 03, 2009, 09:04:20 AM

Sorry to offend

My spouse has an Odyssey, they are great vans, what made you decide to trade yours in for the CR-V?

Lease was up....plus it was my second Odyssey (had an '02 then an '05)Served their purpose when the kids were smaller.  Also we went smaller to avoid being the designated taxi cab, plus the fuel economy is better etc...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

I live in the Motor City. My family, friends, and neighbors have been laid off....forgive me if I'm a little sensitive about the subject.

I'm with TUFCAT on this one.
Toyota's are made here and provides jobs. However The Japanese owners are the ones getting richer.  We need to get Our Country Back.  :popcrn:

1969chargerrtse

Oh stop it please. We are in a global economy. I would love to walk through all of your homes and point out all the non American made items you own. He who makes the best car has the best sales. End of story. :nixon:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 03, 2009, 12:31:10 PM
Oh stop it please. We are in a global economy. I would love to walk through all of your homes and point out all the non American made items you own. He who makes the best car has the best sales. End of story. :nixon:

Okay then, a "global economy" it is..... Let's see how this fictional "global economy" works out.

Perhaps a Japanese Elevator Manufacturer decides to market, sell, and install lots of elevators to accounts all over New England. Then this Japanese company decides to bring in their "own" technical crews from Japan - - that can ONLY service these elevators. In fact, they also decide to build a new manufacturing facility here. "Bob" stays with his existing employer because he's loyal, they pay him a very good wage, with good benefits, and a pension.

Ten years from now, "Bob" the elevator technician still works for the American based elevator service company in Connecticut but may be out of a job soon because the Japanese elevator company now has 50% of the business.  Unfortunately, Japan has high tariffs on American elevators to protect their industries, so the American elevator company can't sell and service their elevators in Japan.

Now "Bob's" company has to make cuts even though the quality of the American elevators is equal to or greater than the Japanese product.  Unfortunately, with just 50% of market share, they had to lay off good people like "Bob" just to survive in this "global economy"....which doesn't seem fair to "Bob", or his family...  :'(

That was a fictional story. The reality is when Hondotas are built here....the profits go to Japan where the mother company gets a lot more money to design and engineer their new products. They also bring in many Japanese suppliers (to set up shop here in the USA) whose profits also go directly back to Japan.

Toyota brags about having a tech center in Ann Arbor Michigan that develops and engineers their cars. The last time I heard it had about 700 employees. You CANNOT develop and engineer a brand new car with 700 employees. Chrysler, the smallest, had 11,000 employees in design and engineering.

The rest can be saved for PM message between you so I don't get too political here. 

SeattleCharger

Go BLUE!!!     I lived with my uncle for a while in Saginaw in 1990,  it was trippy to be there in Michigan. In seattle there was already a million honds and toyotas and datsuns in 1990, had been from the start, closer to asia importing for one, and more asians live here, 
  So back then I drive this 1975 toyota celica gt to michigan and live there for ten weeks,   no one had ever seen one.  I drove it into the toyota dealership for the heck of it, they didn't know what it was, ha,  it was yellow with cragars and eagle st tires.   I took my uncles secretary on a drive, and she thought it was an old camaro  :lol:     Anyways, I had never seen so many american cars around.   Now you go there, and there are a lot of imports.  ask them, and they usually say its the quality, the first import owners took a lot of crap, but then slowly it was more acceptable to own japanese. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

72chargerSE

Replace "Elevator Company" with "Automotive Supplier" and "Bob" with "Mike" and it's exactly what has happened to me. I have been out of work since November because of this "Global Economy" crap.

Remember this, your classic 40 year old Dodge was engineered in part by my father...who is now a retired Chrysler employee looking at a very bleak future of the AMERICAN auto industry created by this "Global Economy".

MIKE

TUFCAT

Quote from: 72chargerSE on March 03, 2009, 01:50:40 PM
Replace "Elevator Company" with "Automotive Supplier" and "Bob" with "Mike" and it's exactly what has happened to me. I have been out of work since November because of this "Global Economy" crap.

Remember this, your classic 40 year old Dodge was engineered in part by my father...who is now a retired Chrysler employee looking at a very bleak future of the AMERICAN auto industry created by this "Global Economy".

MIKE

Right on brother!

72chargerSE

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on March 03, 2009, 01:42:32 PM

Go BLUE!!!     I lived with my uncle for a while in Saginaw in 1990,  it was trippy to be there in Michigan. In seattle there was already a million honds and toyotas and datsuns in 1990, had been from the start, closer to asia importing for one, and more asians live here, 
  So back then I drive this 1975 toyota celica gt to michigan and live there for ten weeks,   no one had ever seen one.  I drove it into the toyota dealership for the heck of it, they didn't know what it was, ha,  it was yellow with cragars and eagle st tires.   I took my uncles secretary on a drive, and she thought it was an old camaro  :lol:     Anyways, I had never seen so many american cars around.   Now you go there, and there are a lot of imports.  ask them, and they usually say its the quality, the first import owners took a lot of crap, but then slowly it was more acceptable to own japanese. 

As a lifelong Michigan resident, and THIRD GENERATION autoworker....it is not that "acceptable" to own or drive an import as you would think. The tide of patriotism is turning slowly in the AMERICAN automakers favor, people are realizing it's not to cool to s**t in your own nest.

MIKE

1969chargerrtse

I hear you people. What the heck do I know?  I just think Hondas are great cars.  One door shuts, another one opens. We'll be fine.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

SeattleCharger

Ya, I went to michigan again this last summer to visit my grandpa, 93 years old, stayed at my uncles.  It was harsh what happened to local economy, the amount of loss of home values my uncle had, and what you could buy a house for in the poorer neighborhoods I couldn't believe.  Sad to see such a big american institution as "detroit" going down so hard,   and yes, I have a bronco and an F-150, and they are real trucks, (ok, so F-150 is light duty), but its way bigger and feels better than the nissan ext cab 4x I got rid of within a couple months of buying it, (that's how long it took to sell it).    But hondas and toyotas are mind numbingly reliable, makes it tough to compete with them . . .

69bronzeT5

I agree, we need to keep the car business alive in North America.  My family has all American cars.

Mom: '04 Grand Am
Her boyfriend: '97 Surburban
Dad: '90 Mustang, '91 Bronco
Uncle and aunt: '08 Ram, '05 LHS
Grandpa: '95 Stratus
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 03, 2009, 06:26:15 PM
I agree, we need to keep the car business alive in North America.  My family has all American cars.

05 LHS? Don't you mean 300?  :scratchchin: In the US, the LHS ended after 2001, but Concorde continued through 2004. 2005 saw the restyled 300 line-up.

SeattleCharger

Where's the snow?      :D

cool link about joe dirt's daytona

http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/69_Joe_Dirt_Daytona.html

69bronzeT5

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 03, 2009, 06:37:23 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 03, 2009, 06:26:15 PM

05 LHS? Don't you mean 300?  :scratchchin: In the US, the LHS ended after 2001, but Concorde continued through 2004. 2005 saw the restyled 300 line-up.

Must be a 2001 then. I always get confused with the year of it.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

Cody, I forget to think about Canada.....

Chrysler of Canada could have continued to use the LHS nameplate longer the the US market did. I really don't know?  :shruggy: You could be correct.  My reply was based on the "US market LHS".  :2thumbs:

Ghoste