News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got Snow? Get a Honda CR-V!

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, March 02, 2009, 10:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 02, 2009, 06:28:02 PM
Quote from: bigcountry on March 02, 2009, 06:25:02 PM
Honda??? Toyota????  C'mon...how can you own classic muscle and even stand to drive this stuff! :rotz:  I'd push a ford through the snow, uphill both ways before I'd drive an import anything.  I'd even rather be seen in a Chevrolet. :shruggy: :Twocents:
That's the problem.  We usally end up pushing our fords.  Ain't nothing  wrong with a Chevrolet.

lol guy at work laughs at me for buying my CTD. He drives a '77 chevy truck that he fixes 4 days out of the week to drive it once a week lol. He has a back up Suburban that breaks every so often. He swears he'll never buy new truck. I think he's related to Joe Dirt.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Silver R/T on March 02, 2009, 06:30:04 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 02, 2009, 06:28:02 PM
Quote from: bigcountry on March 02, 2009, 06:25:02 PM
Honda??? Toyota????  C'mon...how can you own classic muscle and even stand to drive this stuff! :rotz:  I'd push a ford through the snow, uphill both ways before I'd drive an import anything.  I'd even rather be seen in a Chevrolet. :shruggy: :Twocents:
That's the problem.  We usally end up pushing our fords.  Ain't nothing  wrong with a Chevrolet.

lol guy at work laughs at me for buying my CTD. He drives a '77 chevy truck that he fixes 4 days out of the week to drive it once a week lol. He has a back up Suburban that breaks every so often. He swears he'll never buy new truck. I think he's related to Joe Dirt.
:icon_smile_cool:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

NHCharger

My wife drives a 2000 Jeep GC, AWD during the winter. She loves it, except for today. Started down a hill at 20 mph and it looked icy, tapped her brakes to check and next thing she knows she's doing 360's down the hill. She bounced off one snow bank and landed sideways in the other. She called me to tell me what happened and my first question, is the car OK, was apparently NOT the correct question to ask.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

72chargerSE

2007 CHRYSLER ASPEN HEMI here.......goes through the Michigan snow with no problems.

Mopar2Ya

Ha ha.... Joe Dirt... business in the front, party in the back!  :hah:
NHCharger, hope the wife is ok.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

TUFCAT

Quote from: 72chargerSE on March 02, 2009, 07:14:13 PM
2007 CHRYSLER ASPEN HEMI here.......goes through the Michigan snow with no problems.

You're kidding right?? You mean you didn't buy a Japanese brand 4x4 to drive through snow? :insertsarcasm: 
I'll bet you also have the 2WD, 4WD, and 4WDLOW selctions on your Hemi?  With capability of 6 passengers (std 3rd row seat) while towing a 21' camper, (or car trailer) though any mountain range in the USA with ease.  :2thumbs:

Obviously, your gas mileage isn't the bragging right, but its the right vehicle for your needs.

Also good in the snow! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: (.....following our current topic). :D

....:ohhthesarcasm:  Looks like TUFCAT needs a cat nap before I go off on my :soapbox: soapbox... Oye Vey! :brickwall: SNOOZE KITTY....SNOOZE.  :D

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Silver R/T on March 02, 2009, 04:29:19 PM
Clint Eastwood says "buy American, you p***y!"

That's funny.  :smilielol:
But, I like it.

moparjohn

98 Ram w/solid axles, pull lever to 4WD and continue at regular speed, no problem.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

72chargerSE

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 02, 2009, 07:25:31 PM
Quote from: 72chargerSE on March 02, 2009, 07:14:13 PM

You're kidding right?? You mean you didn't buy a Japanese brand 4x4 to drive through snow?  :ohhthesarcasm:  

I'll bet you also have the 2WD, 4WD, and 4WDLOW selctions on your Hemi?  With capability of 6 passengers (std 3rd row seat) while towing a 21' camper, (or car trailer) though any mountain range in the USA with ease.  :2thumbs:

Obviously, your gas mileage isn't a bragging right, but its the right vehicle for your needs.

No 2wd in the Chrysler....full time AWD, 4WD high, 4WD Low....Body on frame construction (re: a REAL truck), 7-passenger capacity, smooth, quiet ride, 335 hp, 375 ft./lb torque HEMI, tows up to 8,950 lbs.... HONDA CR-V is a toy.

Troy

Hmmm, choices, choices...

I can tell you that my 1999 Cummins Ram 3500 (dually) absolutely sucks on wet roads/snow even though it's 4WD so it doesn't go anywhere in winter. I like my 1997 Tacoma - it's a blast in the snow and I don't even put weight in the bed. However, this year I also have a 2006 Tahoe LT with 4WD, ABS, traction control, heated mirrors, and heated leather seats so it's been the only vehicle I've been driving when the weather turns bad.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TUFCAT

Quote from: 72chargerSE on March 02, 2009, 08:33:35 PM

No 2wd in the Chrysler....full time AWD, 4WD high, 4WD Low....Body on frame construction (re: a REAL truck), 7-passenger capacity, smooth, quiet ride, 335 hp, 375 ft./lb torque HEMI, tows up to 8,950 lbs.... HONDA CR-V is a toy.

:notworthy: Thanks dude.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 02, 2009, 04:14:35 PM
I'm not getting political with you Rob, :cheers: but my choice is to support Detroit jobs....fair enough? :D

By the way, its not a thread change.....its still about what we drive in the snow.  :icon_smile_wink:

My Tacoma is more american than most GM, Ford, or Mopars    :smilielol:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Troy on March 02, 2009, 08:39:32 PM
Hmmm, choices, choices...

I can tell you that my 1999 Cummins Ram 3500 (dually) absolutely sucks on wet roads/snow even though it's 4WD so it doesn't go anywhere in winter. I like my 1997 Tacoma - it's a blast in the snow and I don't even put weight in the bed. However, this year I also have a 2006 Tahoe LT with 4WD, ABS, traction control, heated mirrors, and heated leather seats so it's been the only vehicle I've been driving when the weather turns bad.

Troy

I've heard dually's don't do as well in the snow for the reason of extra wheels in the back
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

C_stripes

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 02, 2009, 08:47:28 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on March 02, 2009, 04:14:35 PM
I'm not getting political with you Rob, :cheers: but my choice is to support Detroit jobs....fair enough? :D

By the way, its not a thread change.....its still about what we drive in the snow.  :icon_smile_wink:

My Tacoma is more american than most GM, Ford, or Mopars    :smilielol:

I just want to say something about Toyota. Not trying to start anything or change anyone's minds, just informing people. Yes, I work for a Toyota Dealer and have worked with Toyota Directly helping the Toyota street team. Am I a Toyota fan? They are damn good vehicles that don't have many problems. Now to the point.
The Tundras where designed, engineered, and built right here in the USA. They have two main plants, the Main in San Antonio, TX and another in Princeton, IN. Their running gear is also all built here in America. Recently, with vehicle sales down, the San Antonio plant still kept over 2200 people employed even though they were not building anything. They were paying people and not just laying them off like the big three have been. There are more Toyota's built here in America than there are Dodges, GM, and Ford. The only Toyota models that come Sollie from Japan are the FJ Cruisers and the Hybrid cars. Most others are all built in America.
So not to disagree with you supporting Detroit. But, if you buy a Toyota, chances are you are still supporting American families.  :Twocents:

I used to be set completely on Mopar, but if I was to buy a new truck, I would have a real hard time not buying a Tundra.   And let me tell you, working with the street team. Which is part of their marketing. I was yelled at and heard some crazy things from people. I had to stand at a Martina McCbride concert and tell people about them. Talk about a ruff crowd. Whole bunch of Cowboys that are alittle drunk here in the country. I'll admit that I got nervous a time or two.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

TUFCAT

Quote from: C_stripes on March 02, 2009, 10:31:51 PM
There are more Toyota's built here in America than there are Dodges, GM, and Ford.

You better check that....

I don't know where you get those production figiures.....but based on sales volume alone, I suspect you're wrong. Here are some FACTS!

Jan 2009 (MTD)

Toyota:  177,287 units sold.... down 31.7% from Jan 2008.
General Motors:  128,198 units sold.....down 48.9% from Jan 2008.
Ford:   93,041 units sold....down 41.6% from Jan 2008.
Chrysler LLC:   62,157 units sold.....down 54.8% from Jan 2008.

Where did you come up with this information?  The facts show 50,000 less Toyotas were sold (than the combined number) of GM, Ford and Chrysler products ...in the worst month for domestic sales on record

If you're correct about Toyota's U.S production figures,  there must be a hell of a lot of unsold Toyota's sitting on the ground.

C_stripes

I didn't say sold, I said BUILT. Most of Chrysler is built in Canada and Mexico. I honestly don't know much about for and it seems that GM is mostly build in Canada.

As far as my facts, I don't really remember where I read them. So I may be slightly off, but if so. It is still comparable. 

As far as sold units. I know that the Dealership that I work at, Toyota, Scion, and Honda. We sold over 50 cars in Feb and around 70 in Jan. Compared to 3? GMs in Feb and 4? in Jan at the GM dealer next door to us. If I recall correctly. The Ford Nissan dealer down the road sold 5? in Jan and 4? in Feb. In all cases, that includes used cars as well.

Again, not trying to change anyone's mind, I just don't think people realise how many Toyota's are actually built in the USA.   :cheers:

TUFCAT

Quote from: C_stripes on March 02, 2009, 11:10:32 PM

I didn't say sold, I said BUILT. Most of Chrysler is built in Canada and Mexico.

I just don't think people realise how many Toyota's are actually built in the USA.   :cheers:

Great.  Show me some production numbers.

Then we can make an apples to apples comparison (like I did based on sales). Unfortunatly, I don't have access to your production figures.  I'm relying on you to prove your point with real data. 

By the way, Toyota Tacoma trucks are built in Tijuana mexico, as well as the NUMMI plant in Fremont, California.

Additional Toyota production of the Corolla, Matrix, and Lexus RX 330 is done at the Cambridge, Ontario plant southwest of Toronto.

C_stripes

Tufcat, I will look for numbers if you really want. Like I stated before, I wasn't trying to start anything. I am almost regretting saying anything.  :brickwall:

1969chargerrtse

Thread change thread change.  No matter what, I have always known that Toyota and Honda built the best cars.  My  :Twocents: of course but I've been around awhile and had my own repair shop.  I worked and sold them all.  I had a great customer that had a Cherokee I worked on a lot.  One day he asked me my advise on what to buy next.  I said get a Toyota or Honda and I'll see you later.  Bye bye customer gone.  He bought a Previa and the last time I saw him was because of a noise in the rear.  it had over 70,000 miles on it with EVERYTHING original even the front brake pads.  I found a rusty rear wheel bearing because he put the rear into the ocean one to many times I guess with his boat .  That was the first and last time I ever saw him.  Hey I have a Pontiac Transport and it, and the one before it have done well.  But the Honda's and Toyota's do great.

Oh one last  :Twocents:  I saw how Toyota was trying to grab the truck market.  They spent millions on commercials.  No no, that ain't happening.  Not the heartbeat of America.  They want to build cars fine, but you ain't messing with Americas trucks!  No way, no how.  :rotz:  Hey you have to draw the line somewhere.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bigcountry

It's not really where they are produced, it's where the prophits go.  And don't think for a minute there are no prophits to be had....if that where so, the doors would close real quick...that's buisness.
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

Ghoste

And as for snow, there have been many many times that I've been out in the Nitro the last couple of winters driving around in the snow while all of those amazing and perfect marvels of auto engineering that you guys are bragging about were stuck in their driveways.  Maybe none of the Hondota drivers around here here know how to drive in the snow or maybe they aren't quite as superior as the Asian buyers always want to make me believe, I don't know.  I do know i've never seen a snowplow on the front of an Asian vehicle and I've never seen an Asian tow truck.  I know they exist, I've just never seen one here.  I have however seen lots and lots of Hondotas getting pulled out of drifts and getting their driveways cleaned out by Fords, Chevs and Rams and I've seen plenty of Fords Chevs and Rams with a Hondota on the hook.  All of those perfect Hondota dealerships have service departments with lots of cars waiting to get in and they sure as hell aren't all there for an oil change so buy what you want, be happy and I'll do the same.  In my case it's still Dodge.  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: C_stripes on March 02, 2009, 11:27:05 PM
Tufcat, I will look for numbers if you really want. Like I stated before, I wasn't trying to start anything. I am almost regretting saying anything.  :brickwall:

You and me both pal....I only posted how much I liked my wife's Honda then the holier than thou's chimed in with their "truckers trucks" (love that Chevy commercial with Howie Long)
Wheres that train wreck pic?  :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

And you didn't see it coming?  :lol: