News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got Snow? Get a Honda CR-V!

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, March 02, 2009, 10:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Well since this is our first real snow day here in NYC, I got to test out the wife's '09 Honda CR-V AWD....plowed effortlessly through 10" of the white stuff.

I figured since I was off work & my daughters were off from school (first time in 5 years NYC closed public schools) I'd be a nice hubby & take my wife to work.
I can say that taking her there was a blast....only once did the traction loss light come on & the AWD kicked in effortlessly....didn't even know it was on.
Safe to say the wife loves it over the Odyssey van we traded in and wont look back.

Sadly the RWD Hemi stayed in the driveway :rotz:

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

No thanks, haven't had any problem getting through the stuff with our Dodge Nitro 4X4.  :D

Charger74

CR-Vs are nice, my wife loves her.  She has never had a problem here in Iowa with her's.  However for those of us that a bit on the tall side (over 5' 8") they are a bit cramped though. 

Mopar2Ya

My HEMI blast through the snow just fine here in western NY.  :drive:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on March 02, 2009, 12:11:12 PM
I'm sure the AWD helps with that ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Silver R/T

Got my CTD Ram, will go through anything
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1969chargerrtse

I was running errands around in the wife's Honda Pilot (4wd ) today in a snow blizzard.  That car is amazing. 80- 90mph ( on dry ground ) , smooth as glass.  Snow, what snow?  Even if there was traction lost, then there's the 4 wheel lock button.   Love love love all Honda products.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

I DRIVE A FORD TO SUPPORT DETROIT    :cheers: 

My FORD FLEX is excellent... could go on forever bragging about how great it is. (I do realize it was made in Canada before sombody else points this out). :2thumbs:

I think both Honda's were built in the USA, but I prefer to support our 3 Detroit automakers. It's my choice, I'm going to leave it at that.  :patriot:

Ford Flex has available AWD.  :nana:

Rolling_Thunder

No snow here in CA - but I take my Tacoma around the desert without issue    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 02, 2009, 03:28:10 PM

My FORD FLEX is excellent... I could go on forever bragging about how great it is. (I do realize it was made in Canada before somebody else points this out). :2thumbs:

I think both Honda's are built in the USA, but I prefer to support our 3 Detroit automakers. It's my choice, I'm going to leave it at that.  :patriot:

Ford Flex also has available AWD.  :nana:
Come on now, it's a global economy.  I always bought domestic, but when it came to buying the right well built safe car for the wife, first time ever I bought what I thought was the best car for her out there no matter what country designed it.  Keep in mind a Honda GoldWing has more USA parts in it than a Harley.  Plus it's made in America.  ( Here we go, thread changer ).  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

PocketThunder

I see you like personal plates..   ;)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TUFCAT

I'm not getting political with you Rob, :cheers: but my choice is to support Detroit jobs....fair enough? :D

By the way, its not a thread change.....its still about what we drive in the snow.  :icon_smile_wink:

bordin34

My brother's Pathfinder which I drive is great in the snow, you can choose 2wd or 4wd, it's more fun in 2wd though. Great car, more comfortable to drive and does everything better than my mom's '07 Grand Cherokee besides stopping. The engine is much more rev happy and better throttle response. It also puts out more power from its 3.5L (240hp) than the Jeep's 3.7L (210hp) or my dad's 3.8L (150hp) Ford.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

SeattleCharger

honda?  here's my 91 civic, 230K miles, runs excellent, but guess which vehicle I drove this day,  w. seattle, snow is kinda rare, snowed a bunch more after this bit, roads were trashed, we're not equiped for it here with good plowing or salt, (thankfully no salt), but we use sand, and some de icing chemicals on the freeways on hills,  lots of hills all around here, watching some of the people try and drive was entertaining,   but the bronco did great, lots of tread on tires, hardly had to put it in 4x,   :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Silver R/T

Clint Eastwood says "buy American, you p***y!"

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TUFCAT

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 02, 2009, 10:14:32 AM

.......[Sadly the RWD Hemi stayed in the driveway]........ :rotz:

;)

Chris, there's an AWD Hemi Charger R/T package available.  I realize it's not offered with the Daytona Pkg and 20" wheels ... :P  But hey, it's still available for those who need it.

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 02, 2009, 12:17:19 PM
Quote from: Mopar2Ya on March 02, 2009, 12:11:12 PM
I'm sure the AWD helps with that ;)
Yes it does, the wide low pro tires don't help much though. :D
Quote from: TUFCAT on March 02, 2009, 03:28:10 PM

My FORD FLEX is excellent... I could go on forever bragging about how great it is. (I do realize it was made in Canada before sombody else points this out). :2thumbs:

I think both Honda's were built in the USA, but I prefer to support our 3 Detroit automakers. It's my choice, I'm going to leave it at that.  :patriot:

Ford Flex has available AWD.  :nana:
Amen bro!  :2thumbs:
Quote from: bordin34 on March 02, 2009, 04:21:32 PM
My brother's Pathfinder which I drive is great in the snow, you can choose 2wd or 4wd, it's more fun in 2wd though. Great car, more comfortable to drive and does everything better than my mom's '07 Grand Cherokee besides stopping. The engine is much more rev happy and better throttle response. It also puts out more power from its 3.5L (240hp) than the Jeep's 3.7L (210hp) or my dad's 3.8L (150hp) Ford.
I haven't road in this Pathflonder, but I don't think comparing the base engine in the Jeep to the biggest (my guess?, though I see they offer a V8 now something the American's have been doing for decades) in the Nissan apples to apples. Try comparing the biggest available in the GC, a 6.1L 420hp(or the other 2 V8's both of which are over 300hp). JMHO.
Long live Clint.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on March 02, 2009, 05:05:15 PM

I haven't road in this Pathflonder, but I don't think comparing the base engine in the Jeep to the biggest (my guess?) in the Nissan apples to apples. Try comparing the biggest available in the GC, a 6.1L 420hp(or the other 2 V8's both of which are over 300hp). JMHO.
Long live Clint.

Dont sell the 6.1 short...its 425HP ;)

PS---Like others stated my CR-V was made in the US while my Daytona was made in Canada...

PSS---FWIW I have driven the Daytona in the snow before with zero trouble...the friggin thing weighs 4k lbs so it has plenty of ballast :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Silver R/T

"daytona" comes with traction control anyways, right?

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 02, 2009, 05:13:46 PM

I haven't road in this Pathflonder, but I don't think comparing the base engine in the Jeep to the biggest (my guess?) in the Nissan apples to apples. Try comparing the biggest available in the GC, a 6.1L 420hp(or the other 2 V8's both of which are over 300hp). JMHO.
Long live Clint.

PS---Like others stated my CR-V was made in the US while my Daytona was made in Canada...

PSS---FWIW I have driven the Daytona in the snow before with zero trouble...the friggin thing weighs 4k lbs so it has plenty of ballast :rotz:
In the Jeep they rate the 6.1L at 420hp(restricted exhaust route?). http://www.jeep.com/en/2009/grand_cherokee/capability/powertrain/

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

694spdRT

Quote from: bordin34 on March 02, 2009, 04:21:32 PM
I haven't road in this Pathflonder, but I don't think comparing the base engine in the Jeep to the biggest (my guess?, though I see they offer a V8 now something the American's have been doing for decades) in the Nissan apples to apples. Try comparing the biggest available in the GC, a 6.1L 420hp(or the other 2 V8's both of which are over 300hp). JMHO.
Long live Clint.

:iagree:

My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee has the "baby" 5.7 Hemi and it has 325hp.  Add that with the Quadra Drive II AWD system and electronic stability program and it does just fine in the white stuff.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 02, 2009, 04:14:35 PM
I'm not getting political with you Rob, :cheers: but my choice is to support Detroit jobs....fair enough? :D

By the way, its not a thread change.....its still about what we drive in the snow.  :icon_smile_wink:
Totally respect that my friend.  :patriot:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on March 02, 2009, 05:23:51 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 02, 2009, 05:13:46 PM

Long live Clint.

In the Jeep they rate the 6.1L at 420hp(restricted exhaust route?). http://www.jeep.com/en/2009/grand_cherokee/capability/powertrain/

What ever it is they are bad azz!  Love watching them run 10's & 11's @ Englishtown

Quote from: Silver R/T on March 02, 2009, 05:20:57 PM
"daytona" comes with traction control anyways, right?

Yep works well...sometimes too good...gotta remember to switch it off for the smoke shows ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bigcountry

Honda??? Toyota????  C'mon...how can you own classic muscle and even stand to drive this stuff! :rotz:  I'd push a ford through the snow, uphill both ways before I'd drive an import anything.  I'd even rather be seen in a Chevrolet. :shruggy: :Twocents:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bigcountry on March 02, 2009, 06:25:02 PM
Honda??? Toyota????  C'mon...how can you own classic muscle and even stand to drive this stuff! :rotz:  I'd push a ford through the snow, uphill both ways before I'd drive an import anything.  I'd even rather be seen in a Chevrolet. :shruggy: :Twocents:
That's the problem.  We usually end up pushing our fords. :nana:  Ain't nothing wrong with a Chevrolet. :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA: