News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sound deadener

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 01, 2009, 08:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

What brand of sound deadener do you guys recommend?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

colrmustang

Can't remember the website address, but google sound deadener showdown. He has a comparison of most types and explains what it is and what its made from.

Wait, here it is:

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
1966 Dodge Charger 426 Hemi/727 Trans = Metal Repair Underway
Dallas, Texas

Back N Black

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 01, 2009, 08:48:11 PM
What brand of sound deadener do you guys recommend?

Led Zeppelin - Cranked!   :icon_smile_big: :rock:

Rolling_Thunder

I went with B-quiet ultimate...    Got a bunch of it a while back...    figured I did not need anything extravogant - it is a middle of the road type product IMO...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

runningman

Anyone tried the Lizard skin yet?

Musicman

BB1

Delete my profile

gasoline_24

I went with Lizard Skin.  They have both the sound deadener and the heat insulator.  Here is the link http://www.lizardskin.com/

defiance

Being able to interact with the owner of the company (ben milne) is a big plus for me, so I went with eDead.  Got a lot of Elemental designs stuff, for that matter.  It performs great in a lot of the comparisons as well. 

runningman

I wonder if there has been any comparisons of Lizard skin against the other stick on stuff?  Anyone know of any?

4aThrill

I am using Fatmat cheap and no complaints yet  :yesnod:

john108

What about those cheap spray-ons that I have seen in the Summit Catalog??
Do they do anything?

Shakey

Quote from: runningman on March 03, 2009, 04:58:46 AM
Anyone tried the Lizard skin yet?

I used it but have not had a chance to experience it as the car is not on the road.  At the same time, I never drove the car prior to the restoration so I don't really have anything to compare it to.  I went with my research on this site, as well as Moparts and other sites.

I have a thread on the application on this site, and the the questions I asked prior to my purchase.

All these links can be found in my Interior thread that is still floating around.

runningman

Shakey,

I forgot about you using the Lizard skin.  Did you use both the sound control and the temperature stuff?  Did you do the underside?  How much of it did you need to get?  Thanks

Matt

Shakey

Hi Matt,

Honestly, I don't recall.  At the time, I was mostly concerned about heat and not so much about sound control but I am not 100% sure.  I did not do the underside of the car.  I did the firewall, floor, ceiling and inner sail panels.  I bought what was advertised, not sure the size and had very little left over when I was done.  I'm thinking it was 2 - 3 gallons.

runningman

Ok thanks, I think they come in 2 gallon containers.  I am going to use both and I am probably going to do the underside as well so I am sure I will need at least two of those.

Rolling_Thunder

one of the cars we built had the entire underside and insterior coated with lizard skin...    owner ended up feeling the car was still too loud (sounded good to me) so we added dynomat on top of it and he still wasnt happy...    I guess he wanted a BMW not a muscle car   :rofl:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Hemidog

Here's some crappy phone-pics of my car. I think it will really make a difference.

defiance

Nah, I doubt you'll notice the diff :D  :rofl: