News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Under Hood Sealant fender to Innser fender Hood Hinge to inner fender

Started by Harms Inc, March 01, 2009, 03:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harms Inc

I am trying to help a buddy get the final "before paint" under hood details right on his 68 Charger (December 1967 SPD, Hamtramck car). Does anyone have any good pics of these areas showing original detailing, seam sealer exposure, etc.? He wants to add it before bolting on the fenders and hood hinges. A survivor example prefered.

Thanks!
Scott

*If you'd rather e-mail pics as oppsed to posting my e-mail is bugframes@msn.com

:cheers:

nitrousn

I have some 69 pics which may help. The one thing I noticed is that no two cars are the same. Who ever did it or the gun they used must of been a sob, that crap is all over the place.

maxwellwedge

I can't recall any on the hood hinges but I'll go look. Most B-Bodies have a big blob on each side of the firewall pinch.

Added....

The only thing behind the hinges is bare metal and the dip line if it was dipped that high on that particular car. Any seam sealer by the hinges has oozed out of the fender.

Paul 500

Heres a pic from my friends C500, i made the ones on my car out of bondo as i didnt feel like paying $80 for a roll of seam sealer, just to use 2 bits. On my car they look like factory, even with a thumb print in (did take me all day to do though)
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

69hemi

The service manual for 1969 has some great charts in the back under the body section with extreme detail of how & where all the sealer goes.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram