News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back in the mopar game (pair of Coronets)

Started by Harlow, February 28, 2009, 04:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

Brought home these two 1967 Coronets today. Its a bit overwhelming at the moment but I'm glad I picked them up and the price was great. For now, I have to do the head gasket repair on my daily driver so not a whole lot of work will be done right away.

Blue - the car has a very nice 440 in it, built by a local shop. It only has about 3 hours on the motor. It came with a set of brand new, never been run slicks mounted on centerline wheels. I got a TON of parts thrown in the deal as well. Its been set up to be a drag car, which isn't exactly what I'm looking for...with the fuel cell, ratchet shifter, etc...I'll be bringing it back to more of a street car.

Tan - Its a pretty nice car. I really like this one. I think it looks great. I love the wheels and I think the stripe looks pretty cool even though its not original. Its got a 318 2v, dual exhaust, its had the interior redone and has brand new tires on it. I'm leaning towards keeping this one in the long run. I'd like to make a nice driver out of it.

69bronzeT5

AWESOME Scott!!! Congratulations! :cheers: If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get them for? :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Harlow

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 28, 2009, 04:18:46 PM
AWESOME Scott!!! Congratulations! :cheers: If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get them for? :popcrn:

I don't really want to say. I'll let you guess though.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Great score!  I love the 67 Coronet it's one of my favorites by a long shot.  The tan one appears to have a 500 grille it int.

WingCharger

:METAL: :METAL:

Love '66 and '67 Coronets. Look at dem Slot Mags! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Harlow

Quote from: Ghoste on February 28, 2009, 04:38:40 PM
Great score!  I love the 67 Coronet it's one of my favorites by a long shot.  The tan one appears to have a 500 grille it int.

Oh yeah. I forgot to say what model they were. They are both 500's. But the blue one has a 440 grille and tail lights.

Ghoste

I would love do a WO clone someday in a sort of day two put on the street version.
My father who has been a Ford guy nearly all of his life has only ever bought two cars as new, lots of trucks but only two cars and both cars were Chryslers LOL.  Anyway, the first new car he ever bought was a 67 Coronet 440 with a 383 in it (don't know how many times I've had to explain that to non-Mopar types).  He wanted a Fairlane with a 390 but in his own words, "it had just enough power to get me into trouble but not enough to get back out again, the 383 in the Dodge was perfect."

Nacho-RT74

if interested or if needed, there is a dealer down here with the 500 center grill section
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

jdiesel33

Very nice. Love that body style. 2 at once? Color me jealous!!!!!! :drool5:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

TUFCAT

I can't believe it took me this long to notice the thread!!  :eek2:

Harlow, what can I say??  You have just struck gold. I kinda like 1967 Coronets myself.  :2thumbs:

If you need help with anything let me know. I had a bunch of extra parts that I've been collecting along the way, but sold just about everything once I got this last car. I've owned three 1967 Coronets, so I know these cars pretty good. :D  Also, if you need a picture of something specific to help during your build give me a shout, I'll be happy to help you.

Keep us posted in your progress.

Charger_Fan

I'm diggin' that air filter element on the 440. :smilielol: You didn't drive it like that, did you? :eek2:

Anyhoo nice score, those both look great! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Harlow

Tufcat - I was waiting for you to chime in man. I'll definetely be using you as a reference. I'm hoping to have the head off of my daily driver today. then I'll be waiting on the gasket set so I can dig into the coronets a little.

Charer_fan - haha no I didn't drive it like that. I haven't driven the cars yet. They need batteries and some prep work before I try to start them. I think he just had it like that to store it? Not really sure though.

moparstuart

Quote from: Harlow on February 28, 2009, 04:15:51 PM
Brought home these two 1967 Coronets today. Its a bit overwhelming at the moment but I'm glad I picked them up and the price was great. For now, I have to do the head gasket repair on my daily driver so not a whole lot of work will be done right away.

Blue - the car has a very nice 440 in it, built by a local shop. It only has about 3 hours on the motor. It came with a set of brand new, never been run slicks mounted on centerline wheels. I got a TON of parts thrown in the deal as well. Its been set up to be a drag car, which isn't exactly what I'm looking for...with the fuel cell, ratchet shifter, etc...I'll be bringing it back to more of a street car.

Tan - Its a pretty nice car. I really like this one. I think it looks great. I love the wheels and I think the stripe looks pretty cool even though its not original. Its got a 318 2v, dual exhaust, its had the interior redone and has brand new tires on it. I'm leaning towards keeping this one in the long run. I'd like to make a nice driver out of it.

I really dig that tan car   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Harlow

I got a lot done on the BMW today. Got the exhaust unbolted, everything marked up, pulled the cams off and got the head unbolted. Its stuck on the front side, not sure why so I just called it quits for today. I should be able to put some time in on the cars soon. I'll post some more pics when I get the rest of the parts and have the cars cleaned up a bit.

moparstuart - I'm with you. The more I look at the tan one the more I like it. I love the interceptor wheels.

The70RT

Nice rides.  :2thumbs: Looks like you are quite the wheeler dealer now  ;D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Harlow

Not much progress but I finished with the BMW this weekend so I'm ready to go on these coronets. I just took a quick picture of both in the garage.

The70RT

Quote from: Harlow on March 09, 2009, 07:09:00 PM
Not much progress but I finished with the BMW this weekend so I'm ready to go on these coronets. I just took a quick picture of both in the garage.

Cool.  :2thumbs: What's next?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Harlow

I just did a little bit of basic prep stuff to get ready to fire up the tan car. I'm hoping to have it running tomorrow. I'm going to get them running and then go from there. I want to mount the slicks and take the blue car to the track at least once.

sthorvictor

definitely in better shape and more complete than the 67 i had haha
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2986538
duster and charger pics and info
73 charger SE 440 for Sale just restored!
on kijiji.ca saskatoon

mopar_nut_440_6

Nice cars. great score. Have fun with them. I be jealous!!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

TUFCAT

I noticed the upper portion of the core support was chopped out. I've been noticing this a lot on "older" heavy modified cars. That's a TUFFY to fix.  :eek2:

Harlow

Yeah man its irritating. At least he saved the original section they cut out.

Harlow

Heres a quick update. I had to install a new fuel pump, new plug wires and take apart/clean the carb. I got it running but it runs like crap, the carb is FUBAR. The idle mixture screws do NOTHING. I found out its off a '79 318 so I'm going to just be adding a 4 barrel intake and carb. It sounds pretty good through that stock dual exhaust (could you get a 318 2v with dual exhaust? It looks stock). While I'm looking around for the carb and intake I decided to start on the trunk lid. I stripped the old blue paint off of it and sanded it. It was nice earlier so I had it outside, a storm is rolling in so I had to pack it up. I've got to fix a dent on the tail panel side and then paint that to match the rest of the car. Maybe someone has some hints of getting that dent fixed? I included a picture.

Heres a video a few pictutes. Not the best audio but you get the idea.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Harlow on March 14, 2009, 05:10:58 PM
(could you get a 318 2v with dual exhaust? It looks stock).

Nope :icon_smile_wink:  383 4bbl was the only way - unless it was an R/T.

Harlow

Nope. :icon_smile_wink: 383 4bbl was the only way - unless it was a R/T
[/quote]

Hmmm I guess someone added a stock setup then. I should have a good update in the next day or two.

TeeWJay426

Nice score, Harlow... like Tufcat, I'm a little biased on the 67 Coronets as well.  ;D
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed