News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Camshafts and Mopars

Started by Ghoste, February 26, 2009, 09:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Yeah, thats it.  Iwas thinking about other things too such as the mentioned spring surge and harmonics but that really goes beyond the typical home builder doesn't it.  The bottom line would be to folow the cam makers recommendations for springs, rocker ratios and useage.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on March 03, 2009, 10:28:29 AM

The bottom line would be to folow the cam makers recommendations for springs, rocker ratios and useage.

Yep, that's pretty much it.  ;)

In some cases you can cheat a bit with a slow grind by adding a 1.6 rocker arm which will give you basicly the equivelant of a newer fast rate of lift modern cam but spring selection becomes important.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mauve66

don't you still have to adjust solid lifters regularly?? wouldn't it be easier,better, more effiecient to go to a hydraulic roller???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

From a maintenance point of view yes but for ultimate performance that little cushion of oil can take away.

OttawaCharger

Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 03, 2009, 09:49:43 AM

Jim, i haven't seen any VOA data on the Gibbs oil but the latest batch of Brad Penn Racing 20/50 lube looks good. One of our members had a sample analyzed at the lab and the numbers look excellent. I've heard that BP is available locally (Ottawa, Ont.) but i haven't found the distributor just yet....still looking.  :scope:

Ron

Ron,
W.O. Stinson and Son is carrying the Brad Penn Racing oil.  :wave:

Glenn
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

firefighter3931

Quote from: OttawaCharger on March 04, 2009, 12:15:41 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 03, 2009, 09:49:43 AM

Jim, i haven't seen any VOA data on the Gibbs oil but the latest batch of Brad Penn Racing 20/50 lube looks good. One of our members had a sample analyzed at the lab and the numbers look excellent. I've heard that BP is available locally (Ottawa, Ont.) but i haven't found the distributor just yet....still looking.  :scope:

Ron

Ron,
W.O. Stinson and Son is carrying the Brad Penn Racing oil.  :wave:

Glenn

Thanks Glenn....i will have to give them a call.  :2thumbs:

How is your car coming along ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

OttawaCharger

Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 06, 2009, 12:36:22 PM

Ron

Slowly  :crazy:
definitely slowly but now that my son is a little older (2 now) I'm hoping to get into the garage a bit more.  Of course, having said that, we recently found out that my wife is pregnant with number 2 so it may continue to go slowly but someday it'll see the light of day!  ;D

firefighter3931

Quote from: OttawaCharger on March 06, 2009, 07:39:51 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 06, 2009, 12:36:22 PM

Ron

definitely slowly but now that my son is a little older (2 now) I'm hoping to get into the garage a bit more.  Of course, having said that, we recently found out that my wife is pregnant with number 2 so it may continue to go slowly but someday it'll see the light of day!  ;D

Progress is progress.....as  long as the project isn't going backwards it's all good !  ;)

Congrats on the pregnancy  :2thumbs:

Ron

OttawaCharger

Thanks!  :cheers:
We planned it just right so I can still make Moparfest  :D

mauve66

Quote from: OttawaCharger on March 06, 2009, 07:39:51 PM

and since we now know what causes that to happen we will work harder at prevention from now on .................... correct??? :lol:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

OttawaCharger