News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cleaning white interior

Started by 69bronzeT5, February 26, 2009, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

My white interior in my Duster is kind of dirty, I tried Armor-all but it didn't work too well. What should I use to get the dirty white interior clean and nice and white? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

I've started using a MeGuiars interior cleaner on mine but whatever you use it'll take a lot of effort.  The white looks great when its clean but keeping it there is the inside equivalent to a black exterior.

69bronzeT5

I like the way the white interior looks like the dark blue exterior. It'll look good with the maroon red and white side stripe too. So the Meguires stuff works pretty well?

Ghoste

It works as well as anything else I've tried.  There may very well be a miracle cleaner out there but I haven't looked for it; I get my cleaning and polishing supplies at a pretty unbeatable price.

bill440rt

Try Meguire's Heavy-Duty Vinyl cleaner. Use it full strength, and with a scrub-brush. Works great on white vinyl tops, too.
Spray-Nine also works well, but is a very strong cleaner.
Armor All does NOTHING to clean, it's just a vinyl/rubber treatment. Not a big fan of Armor All products, there are others that are far superior.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

jaak

I don't know if its available in Canada, but at the local dollar store, they have this degreaser called "Awesome". Its one of the best cleaners I have ever used... I've cleaned interiors with it, degreased engine/parts, and when you get your clothes all dirty working, spray it on your clothes before washing, its better than Shout. Plus its cheap, a spray bottle of it is $1, and you can buy a bigger bottle (refill size) for like 3.50.

Jason

1967charger

I also have a white interior, but before I bought the car, someone had painted it a weird red. Some of the paint is already peeling off. What would be the best cleaner to get the paint off without hurting the plastic on the trim or the vinyl on the door panels.

Also, anyone have any suggestions for a good white vinyl dye and where to get it if I need to redye?
Thanks, you guys have always been awesome!

resq302

Quote from: bill440rt on February 26, 2009, 11:10:14 PM
Try Meguire's Heavy-Duty Vinyl cleaner. Use it full strength, and with a scrub-brush. Works great on white vinyl tops, too.
Spray-Nine also works well, but is a very strong cleaner.
Armor All does NOTHING to clean, it's just a vinyl/rubber treatment. Not a big fan of Armor All products, there are others that are far superior.

I second Meguiar's products.  That is all that I use on my top and interior.  I start with the #39 HD vinyl cleaner then follow it up with the #40 Cleaner and conditioner.

Good stuff! :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69bronzeT5

Bought some of that stuff today. Thanks guys for the help :cheers: