News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody Know About Spinal Meningitis?

Started by 69DodgeCharger, June 01, 2009, 09:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69DodgeCharger

I just got a call from my mom that my sister is in critical condition in the hospital with spinal meningitis? She went from being fine on Saturday morning to being taken to the emergency room at 8:30 last night (Sunday) and then transferred. The Doctors don't expect her to survive the day, but if she makes it the next 24 hours there may be some hope. She is currently on a respirator with brain activity and good vitals still. I am currently waiting on my brother and then we are going up there. I guess my question is this. Have any of you had any experiences with this disease? Friends or relatives who have overcome it, and if so what their outcome was. If you are a believer please say a short prayer for her. Even if you don't like me. She is only 41 and has an 11 year old daughter and 3 year old grand daughter that need her. Thanks to all in advance.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

69*F5*SE

Very sorry to hear about your sister.  I have a friend that got SM and he survived (this was in the 80's).  I know it's something very serious.  I hope more will chime in for support.  My thoughts are with you. Stay strong and have a safe trip.

b5blue

Good Luck to you and your sister, be strong for her! May God bless!

Tilar

Sorry to hear this. I don't claim to know anything about it but I think it's a lot worse for young children than it is for adults. She'll be in our prayers.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mikepmcs

Devastating news.  My heart goes out to you and your family

http://spinalmeningitis.org/
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

skip68

Your family is in our prayers!!!!  :angel: :angel: :angel: Any update?   :shruggy:

TheSkip68's ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69DodgeCharger

Thanks once again to all. Unfortunately my sister passed away earlier this evening. If you have a loved one that becomes sick and doesn't seem themselves please don't ignore it. This is a very serious ailment. As said before thanks again and we'll all be fine.....she'd rag on us if we didn't

skip68

So sorry to here that.      :pity:       
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Very sorry to hear that.  Too young to move on.  I wish your family the best.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69*F5*SE

My heart goes out to you.  I'm very very sorry that this happened.  Again, stay strong and celebrate her life in everything you do.  God bless. 

Back N Black

Sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

71ChallengeHer

I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family in your time of need.  :engel016:

OldGuy

Sorry to hear about the passing of your sister.  It sounds like it was a bacterial Meningitis for her to go downhill and pass away that quickly.  I contracted viral meningitis back in 1997 and still have issues to this day from the aftermath.  Believe me, you would not wish meningitis on your worst enemy.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: OldGuy on June 04, 2009, 09:47:03 AM
Sorry to hear about the passing of your sister.  It sounds like it was a bacterial Meningitis for her to go downhill and pass away that quickly.  I contracted viral meningitis back in 1997 and still have issues to this day from the aftermath.  Believe me, you would not wish meningitis on your worst enemy.

Thanks OldGuy,

It was indeed bacterial meningitis. The doctors believe she contracted it through her sinus cavity. She had been having recurring "stuffiness" off and on the last few weeks I guess.  I would also say to anybody who is having "issues" and it doesn't seem right to please get it checked out! On a side note we are all doing ok...the best we can anyways. The donations and food, and help with arrangements and child and animal care have been quite surprising and have even restored my faith in humanity a bit. I would also say if you are distant, or estranged from friends and or family be the bigger person and reach out first, or end up like my dad who is devastated he never reconnected with her.. Also never stop pursuing your goals and dreams.....There may not be a tomorrow as I found out on Monday

Chargen69

I am so sorry man.

I survived viral back in 1986, it was terrible because I ignored some serious warning signs for three days, hospital for a week, very bad week.

For those of you wondering, if you have a headache, fever, and your neck gets stiff, get to a doctor, quick.