News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this dash pad supposed to be a pad or hard plastic? Hole on left for?

Started by SanDiego70RTSE, February 25, 2009, 09:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanDiego70RTSE

Hi,

I bought this dash pad on Ebay and just received it today. It's for my 70 Charger. Can someone please tell me:

1. Is it supposed to be hard plastic or padded?
2. What is the hold on the lower left for?
3. Is this part the same for 68, 69 and 70 non/AC?
4. Although I have a used one, is there anywhere I can buy this piece new?

Thanks in advance!

Mat

chgr500

Charger-Bodie

That part is actually differant all 3 years 68 had a smaller ign. switch so the hole is smaller  and 70 had the switch on the steering column.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

And it is supposed to be a pad, only it doesn't matter much because now you need to sell it and find a 70 one. :icon_smile_wink:

Back N Black

70 is plastic, that one is for a 69 Charger, also the 70 has no ignition hole because its on the column.

Ghoste

I stand corrected, the 68 and 69 is supposed to be a pad.  Didn't know that about the 70 not being padded though.

bill440rt

Quote from: Back N Black on February 26, 2009, 09:38:09 AM
70 is plastic, that one is for a 69 Charger, also the 70 has no ignition hole because its on the column.

:iagree:

That's a '69 pad.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce