News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don't buy from Showcars Bodyparts.

Started by wilbur124, February 23, 2009, 11:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilbur124

I'm in the middle of a 73 Charger and the trunk lid is in rough shape.  I bought a fiberglass lid from www.showcars-bodyparts.com.  Not only did they take well over three months to deliver (after too many phone calls), it was is no condition to be put in the junkyard.  It did not fit the car and there wasn't an opening for the hinges.  It did not have a key hole drilled for it either...not even the recess for a key hole.

On the other hand, I thought the car would look better with the bulge hood.  I got that from vfnfiberglass.com.  It fit right on with no problem and looks great.  They had a trunk lid too, but I thought I'd save a few bucks by going with Showcars.  Bad mistake.

Just thought I'd pass on the information.  Don't get screwed like I did.  Good luck!

TruckDriver

Not the first time I heard complaints about Showscars.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Skyview69

Do you have a pic of the bulge hood that you can post?  How much was it? Does it work as good as the original hood?

thanks

wilbur124

My camera is giving me a hard time.  I'll get back with you with a picture and a price.  I'll have to look through my receipts.  I think it looks great.  Thye didn't cut out the grill just under the windshield, but it isn't really noticable.  They also have the lighter duty hood springs available.

Skyview69

hotrod98

I saw one of the VFN hoods at the Topeka show a few years ago and though that it looked great. Even the reinforcment looked nice which is rare on fiberglass hoods. I did notice that there was an outline of the grilles but they weren't cut out or anything. I would advise not ever trying to cut the grille openings into a fiberglass hood. I've seen it done and it wasn't pretty. With the scarcity and high price of originals, the VFN hood is the way to go. That or slap one of the premium six pack scoops on that flat hood.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Sinister68

Just do a search on either this site or the web to find out how bad Showcars bodyparts are.  At least you got your parts in less than a year.  It took them 1.5 years to get me my poorly made parts.  :flame:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Skyview69

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 24, 2009, 11:10:23 PM
I saw one of the VFN hoods at the Topeka show a few years ago and though that it looked great. Even the reinforcment looked nice which is rare on fiberglass hoods. I did notice that there was an outline of the grilles but they weren't cut out or anything. I would advise not ever trying to cut the grille openings into a fiberglass hood. I've seen it done and it wasn't pretty. With the scarcity and high price of originals, the VFN hood is the way to go. That or slap one of the premium six pack scoops on that flat hood.

Do you have any pics of a charger with the six pack scoops added?

TruckDriver

Quote from: Sinister68 on February 25, 2009, 12:16:03 AM
Just do a search on either this site or the web to find out how bad Showcars bodyparts are.

Or they can click on this  ;)  http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/charger.html
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

Quote from: Skyview69 on February 25, 2009, 10:14:51 AM

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Skyview69

Quote from: moparstuart on February 25, 2009, 01:44:24 PM
Quote from: Skyview69 on February 25, 2009, 10:14:51 AM

Thanks...that looks good but I should have said that I was curious to see a third gen with a six pack hood.