News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think??

Started by chargerkid01, February 23, 2009, 06:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

As you all know my 69 318 charger is white with green interior. It is also #s matching. I know I have said I'm not doing a GL. Tell me what you think of this though. Find someone who can do ghost painting, paint my charger white and have everything for the GL painted in a white ghost type paint job. Like the black GL only all white I kind of stole the idea, don't take no offense.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

chargerkid01

Now that we have that all cleared up, seriously what do you think. I think it would be like having the best of both worlds but that is my opinion..

mauve66

wonder what a 1st gen would look like as a GL??????????  hmmmmmmmm :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

tan top

:scratchchin: ..intresting  idea ..what like white paint work & different shades of white for the flag etc  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

400/6/PAC

Might be cool :shruggy:
I think I would have to see it done to decide.

Tilar

Maybe you could get someone to try to photoshop your idea to see what it would look like, but in all seriousness, It sounds like it would look pretty cool. Definitley unique.  :scratchchin:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

chargerkid01

Yes I want to paint the charger it's originl white nd then do th 01, flag, and name in a different color white. That would be cool to see it photo shoped but my car is all tore apart soif you could do it you are more than welcome. As for a first generation I like that idea!! :cheers:

Ghoste

I'm not a big GL fan (not a hater, just not a fan) but the idea of a fastback one is kind of interesting.  I ain't about to do it to mine, but it is interesting.

chargerkid01

I'm pulled in both directions here because if it wasn't for the dukes I wouldn't love the charger, but on the other hand I want to stay as close to original as possible Keeping it white with green interior. After the charger is I'm putting vector on it because I like the wheels no matter what the car is!! I do't know it was just something to ponder about, I'm a long way from paint anyway.

dpm68

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: chargerkid01 on February 23, 2009, 08:39:47 PM
I'm pulled in both directions here because if it wasn't for the dukes I wouldn't love the charger, but on the other hand I want to stay as close to original as possible Keeping it white with green interior. After the charger is I'm putting vector on it because I like the wheels no matter what the car is!! I do't know it was just something to ponder about, I'm a long way from paint anyway.

I'd say put on the vectors, put the dixie horn on the car somewhere where it doesn't show, and put the car back to stock otherwise.

That way you can have a little Hazzard county fun, but you're not 100% committed.

I'd love to have a General Lee replica. 

I've got everything here to do it-the horn, the wheels, the Cobra 78X CB radio, decal set and a 69 Charger with the factory buckskin interior...

But I'm never going to build it.

I'm afraid that after years of work and multiple thousands of dollars spent building a General Lee...

The whole Dukes thing would get really old after about two weeks...

rusty lee

I like the ghost lee idea.  :scratchchin:

chargerkid01

I'm for sure gonna have the dixie horn and the vectors. Like I said I love the wheels no matter what the color of the car is. As for the dixie horn I've had one in all my vehicles so far and the charger will be no exception!! I know there are a bunch of general lees, but so far there is only one black one that I know of and if I did a ghost there would be only one of them, unless someone takes my idea which is cool. I allow it because I took the idea off the black GL. That is where  I'm at now, as I said I'm a long way from paint so I have plenty enough time to decide.

WingCharger

Looks pretty cool, although it isnt a real General Lee replica. :2thumbs:

chargerkid01

I like it but there will no black on the car at all it will be done in ghost paint like different color whites.

68coronetGLwannabe

I like the Idea. Making something different is always fun.  :2thumbs:  I hear theres to many GLs but Im not seeing them. :scope:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Charger-Bodie

Just leave it white and pretend its the one Cale Yarlborough(sp) Drove on the one episode of the Dukes.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

MoparManJim

There was a episode on the Dukes. In the 2nd season I do belive it was. The episode was "Ghost of General Lee".

Here is a photo of the car. 

The orange glow in the episode was edited in later. 

chargerkid01

Now all it needs is the 01, General Lee, and Flag done in all white!! and that would be what I want.