News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone familiar with the wiring harness & ECU on a 5.7 Hemi engine swap on my 69

Started by ronwest, February 13, 2009, 09:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronwest

Hey Guys,

I'm in the middle of installing an 04 5.7 Hemi from a Ram Truck in my 69 Charger. I'll be posting ALL THE INFO and PICS in a future post for those interested. But I need some help with the wiring.
Anyone familiar with how the stock harness and computer can be set up?
I know there's lots of people selling custom harnesses and ECU's. We have already tested the computer before we installed the engine and turned it over. Now we are a bit stumped (again).

If anyone has a diagram or knows anything about these swaps please let me know your thoughts.

There are so many things they DO NOT tell you that you find out on your own when doing one of these. I will share this all with you guys to spare you the pain my Brothers.

Cheers,
Ron
:cheers:

Rolling_Thunder

what exactly are you stumped on ? 

I am doing a 6.1L swap and modifying a stock harness system to work with a stock computer...      things like "limp mode" will be coming into play - honestly if you are not really electrically inclined you might just want to sell the stock harnesses and buy a pre-fabbed one from Squires of S&P...   connect everything, plug into ECM and turn the key...     
A LOT of bugs will need to be worked out and played with...      I have assisted a 5.7L swap into a 69 Barracuda and we wired the whole car to run off the factory truck stuff...    headlights, taillights, A/C, everything...    even the wipers and gauges...       but we made a scanner to capture all the different signals the ECM puts out...  once the codes are captured and if you have some advanced knowledge of electronics you can create a junction box to run your stock gauges and wire in to wipers and all the other jazz...

You'll have to be a little more specific on what you're having problems with man  :2thumbs:

If you're really motivated to do this yourself you WILL need a FSM for your '04 Ram...    The wiring diagrams span an entire book and one connector  can cover 20 or 30 pages...    so it is really needed - all in all it is easier to just pony up the $$$ for a pre-made harness...      Making the new harness can almost be its own book... 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Chatt69chgr

I believe that S&P is Street and Performance out of Arkansas.  I seem to recall seeing the harness mentioned in their literature.

Rolling_Thunder

HEY  RON   I just noticed you're listed as living in southern california...    where abouts ?   I live over in Torrance/ Carson -

Rolling_Thunder

nice.
check your e-mail - I sent you an Xcel file with the pinouts for a 04 Ram with a 5.7L     :2thumbs: