News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gen Lee fans... Lookee what I made:

Started by Charger Aficionado, November 07, 2005, 04:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I go with this "newer style" on a classic?

Yes
4 (44.4%)
No
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Charger Aficionado

I'm thinking about doing my Gen Lee's numbers like this...  You guys like?

(Like cglfc, but cleaner and larger)...  My guy is going to airbrush them, so I can have him do whatever... but will it look good?

Shakey

Unless you point it out to people, I don't they will notice.

ramit

I think that the white you have to put in there to give it a 3D effect looks a little strange.  There are certain parts (especially at the bottom )of the numbers where there is no shadowing and you can't tell its 3D.  I certainly like the idea of changing things up a little to be unique.

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger_Fan

Well, you could always hand out 3D classes at carshows. If it worked right, that would almost guarantee you a trophy & possibly start a new trend with the ricers. :icon_smile_big:

Just picture some pimply-faced ricer kid pulling up next to you at a light with 3D glasses on...with him completely serious, of course. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

General_01

I think it is a cool idea, but I don't think I would do it.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

purple70rt

Charger Aficionado

purple70rt

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on November 07, 2005, 04:52:20 AM
I'm thinking about doing my Gen Lee's numbers like this... You guys like?

You asked a question, I answered, No I don't like it sorry.

Smoke20

I'm sure you all saw it on TLC a while ago but Kenny Wayne Sheppard had a "modern" general lee theme made on a BB 69 Charger. The confedate flag was tattered and worn, and so was the 01. The 01 was slanted like the nascar numbers typically are, to give the impression that the car was faster than the numbers could cling on to. I think they also had Foose make 20" 10 spoke rims too, but my memory is a bit hazey.

A GL purist would probably not like it, but I thought it was way cool.

My point is Dude, it's your car. Do YOU like it?
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

Blown70

Quote from: Smoke20 on November 08, 2005, 03:56:04 PM

I'm sure you all saw it on TLC a while ago but Kenny Wayne Sheppard had a "modern" general lee theme made on a BB 69 Charger. The confedate flag was tattered and worn, and so was the 01. The 01 was slanted like the nascar numbers typically are, to give the impression that the car was faster than the numbers could cling on to. I think they also had Foose make 20" 10 spoke rims too, but my memory is a bit hazey.

A GL purist would probably not like it, but I thought it was way cool.

My point is Dude, it's your car. Do YOU like it?

I thought those were custom budnick wiheels.... (spelling maybe off)

ramit

The KWS xtreme lee was way cool.  I think it actually has different rims on it now than it did when it was on TLC.

bull

It's not far enough a departure from the real thing to look very original to the everyday Joe and the GL purists (:rotz:) would probably not like it. I don't know. If you like it that's what matters.

Smoke20

Quote from: Blown70 on November 08, 2005, 04:14:21 PM

I thought those were custom budnick wiheels.... (spelling maybe off)

They might have been. I don't really remember. It came on after Overhaulin' one night and the did a lime green cuda, so I might have it somewhat confused.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

Charger Aficionado

Here are some pix I took of the Xtreme Lee...  I really do not like how his numbers are done.  He does in fact still have the SAME wheels.  I saw them in the begining, and now what he has done is painted in between the spokes black...

ramit

I thought they looked different, but that explains it.  They look cool with the black paint on them.

THE CHARGER PUNK

did k.w.s. ever get his car a roll bar like they said he was gonna in show or still not one in or he aint gonna get one?-MATT

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on November 10, 2005, 01:26:53 AM
did k.w.s. ever get his car a roll bar like they said he was gonna in show or still not one in or he aint gonna get one?-MATT
I'm sure it did have a roll bar when I saw it again a few weeks ago...