News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Radio Installation

Started by dvnen, February 19, 2009, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvnen

I am looking to install a new am/fm radio in my 74, but don't want to cut my wood grain bezel to install it in the factory location (I have the orginal am radio installed).  Does anyone know of a way that I can install the radio somewhere in the truck but still have access to volume, station/cd change, etc. Is there such a thing a a secondary remote display?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jar1292

I have a 62 cady that is all original and didnt wanna open the dash eather the car is an ambulance and did not have a radio anyway but had a beatufull stainless cover that fit the car. my solution was that I made a box that my cd player fitinto perfectly. the car has alota stainless so I made it outa 16 gage stainless steel. all I done was measure the player and with my table vice i sandwitched the stainless between two 2x4's and bent it with a rubber mallet to form. it only took a few hours. I made a top that with wings would bolt to the bottom of my dash and the bottom was easy to polish to match the dash. the player fit tight and it was a descreet way to have my music and yet it left everything intact to accomplish my original theme. I plan on doing the same with the charger except im going the opisite with the dash im fiberglassing the entire thing taking out the ashtray and glovebox all together. macking it all one level and puting in custom gauges. totally not stock. im planing on hiding the radio in a pull down gas shock box that will disapear up under where the glove box was. and will be able to run it with the remote. I hope that will give you a little insight on a a way to mount or hide the up dated radio... good luck
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...