News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Local car show Rant!

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, February 22, 2009, 11:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Khyron on February 23, 2009, 03:38:20 PM
Quote from: skip68 on February 23, 2009, 11:21:50 AM
Yes, I've slid in the dirt and gravel with it and got some rock chips in the paint behind the rear tires but I'm gonna drive this car and have fun.   :yesnod:     Chuck........

Thats why we built them baby!

This is 1 day after we put the hood back on after paint :lol:

One of the guys I was cruising with yesterday wouldnt go were I took the pics that I posted. You ready for this...... I was a dirt parking lot, (he has a mustang). I said you got to be kidding, I freakin live on a dirt road!  :yesnod:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Chatt69chgr

If someone doesn't want anyone to touch their car then they should put up a rope around it to keep people away.  I will say that I have seen people lean into or across cars with their belt buckles against the paint.  Also have seen people with cameras strung around their necks let the camera bang against the car.  And don't forget the people sitting on the hood to have their picture taken.  So you have to be pretty careful.  A lot of average citizens just don't know how much work is involved in restoring a car.   

jaak

I bet he's a active member of Moparts.

Jason

Magnumcharger

Quote from: jaak on February 23, 2009, 08:43:15 PM
I bet he's a active member of Moparts.

Jason

That sounds about right! :smilielol:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

mopar0166

I agree with ya, im building my GL to have fun with, go to shows, and to cruise around in.  the fact that the cuda guy has to park near for attention is stupid. 

If you cant have fun with the car then its just an investiment, park in a heated garage and keep polishing it. dont take it to cruises.   these cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed in everyones own creative way. 

paint can always be fixed and dents can be corrected   

chargerkid01

bk72

people who like that should all park next to each other so there will not be a problem. you should have fun with your car and so should other people :rotz: :lol: :yesnod: ;) :popcrn: :icon_smile_cool: :drool5: