News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Local car show Rant!

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, February 22, 2009, 11:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Last night I am a the local Saturday night car show with my GL. Now my car is no total restore with a high dollar paint job, but can hold its own. This guy shows up and parks his perfect Cuda next to me. I will call to him as Mr. Anal. The GL attracts attention from all ages and people seem to have no boundaries when it comes to the GL. I know people are gonna touch it maybe lean against it,heck I even let people set in it to take pics. I built it for me to enjoy and for others as well. As long as they are not being totally disrespectable around it I dont freak out, thats why its not a high dollar Paint job. Every time somebody came between our cars Mr. Anal jumps out of his chair and cant resist saying something about being to close to his car, literally scaring people away from looking at either car. Now dont get me wrong, I have total respect for his car and for what he has done and was extremely careful around it. This is the second time he has parked next to me and I promise there WILL NOT be a third. If Mr Anal parks within ten cars of me I will move mine further away. I can totally appreciate a total restore but maybe he should consider where he parks and not be a total jerk. Anyone else had to deal with people like this.  :RantExplode:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

billssuperbird

I HAD A GUY WITH A AAR CUDA PARK NEXT TO ME AND HE DID THE SAME THING.I MAKE SURE I DONT PARK ANYWHERE BY HIM.

Ghoste

I once seen a guy freaking out at a car show because bbq smoke was blowing onto his daily driver quality 383 automatic 69 Road Runner. 

General_01

Makes you laugh at guys like that. What an idiot. The first time maybe he did not understand the appeal to people of the GL. To do it a second time is just assinine. Next time he parks next to you, tell him to move if he doesn't like people looking at your car. You were there first, so tell him to buzz off.

Also, why take a car to a car cruise if your that worried about it. Like you said, people don't need to be totally disrespectful to the cars, but things happen when you have your car out in the real world.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Ghoste

Of course there is the other side if one had to be devils advocate.  We've all been to car shows where the general public come in and some kids goobers an ice cream cone all over the side of a car.  I know a guy who had a Hemi orange convertible that he nicknamed "the freak magnet" because every car show he went to, it drew the non-car people who were just out for a days entertainment.
Mind you, the Cuda guy should have realized that a GL is a freak magnet in its own right and parked somewhere else but you have to admit, it would only take a couple of bad experiences to make him Mr. Anal.

General_01

I agree with what you said Ghoste, but he is the one with the problem and he tries to make it everyone else's problem. Like I said, the first time was a surprise for him. The second time he is just being an ass. You KNOW kids and non-car people are going to flock to GL's and S&H Torino's. If you don't want kids and non-car people around your car, don't park next to what attracts them.

That's about as dumb as not wanting kids with ice cream cones around your car, but you park next to the ice cream vendor. ::)
496 stroker
4-speed

68coronetGLwannabe

The first time he parked next to me he literally spent an hour clean what he called fly poop off his vinyl roof. It left a shiny spot about the size of a nickle and it drove him nuts the entire show.
"That's us in 10 years".

The70RT

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 22, 2009, 12:53:58 PM
The first time he parked next to me he literally spent an hour clean what he called fly poop off his vinyl roof. It left a shiny spot about the size of a nickle and it drove him nuts the entire show.

Sounds like he should have left it in his museum  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1BAD68

I went to a couple car shows last year with my flat black Charger and every time I pulled up to park next to someones car, they gave me dirty looks like they didn't want me near them.

RECHRGD

Well there's always the other side of the story and we've all read plenty of threads about that.  Yes maybe that guy shouldn't park next to a car that will naturally attract a bunch of clueless kids and maybe he's too anal to even show his car.  But even if your car isn't pristine you still need to be aware of the potential damage that can be done by the clueless.  We've all seen them--------Kids riding their bikes between cars-----kids running around swinging their skateboards around recklessly-------The baby carriages that will barely fit between the cars------the dogs that will jump up on the cars or piss on the tires-------The guy with spikey belts or 50 keys hanging on their pants leaning over your fender to look at the engine--------The people that will just go up and sit on the car to have their picture taken with it-----and on and on.  We all like people to be able to enjoy our cars, but there are so many that have no respect for the time and money that go into these classics that you need to exercise due caution when at the shows. :Twocents: Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

68charger383

The Cuda guy sounds like someone who just spent a lot of money buying the car. Usually guys who build prisitne cars like that get bored with them and sell them off for the next project.

Hey it could be worse, he could be the jerk who just walks around your car pointing out everything wrong with it.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

RallyeMike

Flick a booger on his vinyl top next time. Why should you have to move?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

elitecustombody

grow a sack and next time he parks next to you tell him to find another spot,instead of crying on here, I'm sure he will understand, I know I wouldn't want some clown scratch  my car, I don't care even if it has a a driver paint job, :yesnod:   

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: elitecustombody on February 22, 2009, 04:35:17 PM
grow a sack and next time he parks next to you tell him to find another spot,instead of crying on here, I'm sure he will understand, I know I wouldn't want some clown scratch  my car, I don't care even if it has a a driver paint job, :yesnod:   

I have a sack but thank you for the insult. There was no crying involved when I wrote this. Next time I will move and Life will carry on. I do have respect for his or any cars at these show but if your that worried about it park far away from any GL. The problem was not the car it was his total rudeness even for those that had questions about his car. I have been going to this same show for over 2 years with my 68 coronet and now the GL and neither one has come home with a scratch, maybe a few sticky kids finger prints. But I must say I have seen a few that do get scratched.
"That's us in 10 years".

Khyron

Quote from: 1BAD68 on February 22, 2009, 01:10:37 PM
I went to a couple car shows last year with my flat black Charger and every time I pulled up to park next to someones car, they gave me dirty looks like they didn't want me near them.

You can park next to me anytime you want :thumbup:

Quote from: elitecustombody on February 22, 2009, 04:35:17 PM

Good advice .. though it could have been made without the rude overtone. Gl wanna, I agree to just tell him not to park near you because your car gets a lot of attention. There are a few people like that in my area also... I avoid these idiots, unfortunatly most of them belong to the local Mopar car club around here :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68coronetGLwannabe

Thanks Khyron It would be my pleasure.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

elitecustombody

didn't mean to insult,but I'm sure your problem would have been solved if you either told him how you felt or moved to another spot

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

General_01

I agree it could have been avoided by moving, but to me that is what is wrong with the world. We should just move away from the obnoxious jerks of the world so they can feel their attitude is validated and continue? :shruggy:

I think this guy is a total asshole. He parked next to GL wanna before, so he knew what kind of attention the car got. His whole motivation is that HE has a better car than GL, so GL should move. That is what he wants. I would just tell him next time he starts backing in next to me that people are gonna be looking at the GL and he either better park someplace else or leave a lot of space between so he doesn't have to worry about his car. End of story. If it were me, I wouldn't be moving. I promise you that.
496 stroker
4-speed

68coronetGLwannabe

I guess I should have mentioned in the first post that he was asked not to park there. Someone was saving the spot for thier friend. He could have parked right across from me which would have put 20 feet between our cars. So this is the mentality I was dealing with. I will make sure are cars are not that close again.
"That's us in 10 years".

General_01

Yep, total asshole. Just as I thought.
496 stroker
4-speed

rusty lee

maybe he likes all the attention so he parks next to a car that get attention like a GL then get jealouse when no one looks at his car so he becomes an a hole. he's probaly on cudachallanger.com talking about the GL that parked next to him.   :smilielol:

chargerkid01

It don't matter what year 2nd generation charger it is, or how it is painted you are going to get a ton of attention. When I get my charger done I don't care how close kids get to it as long as it doesn't get vandled!! I and all of you where kids at one time drooling over a cool old car. Sit back and think about that!! As for that guy buy a truck with a push bumper park it next to the GL and when he comes tell him not to park there or he will not like the way you move his car for him!!! :cheers:

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: RECHRGD on February 22, 2009, 02:41:07 PM
Well there's always the other side of the story and we've all read plenty of threads about that.  Yes maybe that guy shouldn't park next to a car that will naturally attract a bunch of clueless kids and maybe he's too anal to even show his car.  But even if your car isn't pristine you still need to be aware of the potential damage that can be done by the clueless.  We've all seen them--------Kids riding their bikes between cars-----kids running around swinging their skateboards around recklessly-------The baby carriages that will barely fit between the cars------the dogs that will jump up on the cars or piss on the tires-------The guy with spikey belts or 50 keys hanging on their pants leaning over your fender to look at the engine--------The people that will just go up and sit on the car to have their picture taken with it-----and on and on.  We all like people to be able to enjoy our cars, but there are so many that have no respect for the time and money that go into these classics that you need to exercise due caution when at the shows. :Twocents: Bob
Unfortunately this has almost always been my experience w/all my vehicles. :rotz:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

skip68

Tell him this.  I think that it's sad that you need to park next to me so you get more attention for your car.  :smilielol:   It's like wanting to hang out with the cool kids.  I'm glad to see that you built your car just like I did mine.  I let people sit in mine for pictures too.  It was built as a toy and I use it.  I've got a few spots in the paint now from some fans but that's ok.  :yesnod:  I've got a few from me now too.  :shruggy:  I will repaint it when the time comes. Yes, I've slid in the dirt and gravel with it and got some rock chips in the paint behind the rear tires but I'm gonna drive this car and have fun.   :yesnod:   If the other guys want to drive their cars on and off a trailer and they find that to be a thrill then good for them.  ::)  Not me,  if my car is on a trailer that means it is broke.  :icon_smile_big:   Chuck........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

Quote from: skip68 on February 23, 2009, 11:21:50 AM
Yes, I've slid in the dirt and gravel with it and got some rock chips in the paint behind the rear tires but I'm gonna drive this car and have fun.   :yesnod:     Chuck........

Thats why we built them baby!

This is 1 day after we put the hood back on after paint :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.