News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Six Pack fuel pump?

Started by b5blue, March 06, 2009, 12:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Maxwellwedge that's exactly what I've been trying to find! I bought my pump to vapor separator line from Right Stuff and it would not fit the M4845 from Summit, the in was 3/8 as it should be but the outlet was much too small! Thanks Very much GUYS! :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: b5blue on March 21, 2009, 09:46:45 AM
Maxwellwedge that's exactly what I've been trying to find! I bought my pump to vapor separator line from Right Stuff and it would not fit the M4845 from Summit, the in was 3/8 as it should be but the outlet was much too small! Thanks Very much GUYS! :2thumbs:

It sounds like your line may have the wrong fitting. I am going to my shop right now and sort this stuff out.  :leaving:

b5blue

maxwellwedge

OK - Major "DUH" moment on my part.

You need the adapter to mate that line to the pump. This is how the factory did it as well. The correct new Carter pump for 440HP is the Carter M4845 as mentioned before.

Year One has it -  AF422  Fuel line fitting, use with 440 engines to connect the 5/16" fuel line to the outlet side of the fuel pump.

You may be able to find one at your local parts house as well. The Year One fitting looks very close to an original.

Here is a pic.

Get this with the Carter M4845 and your fuel line kit and you will be dancing!

:2thumbs:

b5blue

OH CRAP!!! I just sent it BACK!!! Time to do the walk of shame....maybe that's how they kept the pressure @ 5.5lb. at idle? I can't thank you enough for clearing this up....I was going nuts!!! :eek2:

GreenMachine

That's good to know, for mine I bought an unbent line with the smaller fitting. I didn't even think of using an adapter  :brickwall: . Here's a pic of my original line and pump. It sure would help if Summit would put the correct pic for the part on their website.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

b5blue

Now I see the problem because that was me 2 days ago exactly! WTF...called Carter and the TECH. and I were on the websight together.He pulled up "blueprints" and walked me through everything...nothing worked with what I had (like your picture!).Summit shows a photo of a M6903(Hemi like) for that M4845 so they were lost. I couldn't figure anyone would adapt "up" from a small to large so I sent it back. Holley gave me 11-440-12 and it shows 7-8lb. at idle that the FSM warns is too high (5-5.5lb) leaving me  :brickwall: !! Mystery Solved! I owe ya Maxwellwedge!!!  :cheers:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: b5blue on March 21, 2009, 01:19:46 PM
Now I see the problem because that was me 2 days ago exactly! WTF...called Carter and the TECH. and I were on the websight together.He pulled up "blueprints" and walked me through everything...nothing worked with what I had (like your picture!).Summit shows a photo of a M6903(Hemi like) for that M4845 so they were lost. I couldn't figure anyone would adapt "up" from a small to large so I sent it back. Holley gave me 11-440-12 and it shows 7-8lb. at idle that the FSM warns is too high (5-5.5lb) leaving me  :brickwall: !! Mystery Solved! I owe ya Maxwellwedge!!!  :cheers:

As long as you owe me I will never be broke!  :icon_smile_big:

Glad to help.  :2thumbs:

b5blue

Greenmachine how did you use a smaller nut without a smaller pipe?By the way I'm in touch with a guy on eBay that has them and assures me his are "safe for modern fuels" also...didn't even think about the effect of alcohol mix on these things for the long term.

GreenMachine

The fuel line was smaller as well. I haven't installed anything yet, I figured I'd use the smaller line and see if it starves for fuel. But now I'm just gonna get the adapter.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

b5blue

Yup me too.....and re-order the pump :eyes: