News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Are the Famous CHARGERS?..

Started by Brock Samson, November 06, 2005, 10:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

in the begining of Payback it was a Road Runner then at the end they switched to the charger
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

MoparManJim

D.O.H (Dukes of Hazzard)
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Blade 1,2 and 3  
Forever Young
Christine
Plamers Run
House of Wax
DeathProof
CannonBall  
Eat My Dust (Part 2)  
Friday the 13th (Part5)
SpyHard
Simple Plan (think thats the name of the movie)
Joe Dirt
Fast and Ferious 1  
Gladitor (Ken Khile)  
The Fall Guy (tv series had a episode with one)
Knight Rider
BullRun
Bullett 

richard pettys 73

Quote from: MoparManJim on April 14, 2009, 02:26:16 PM
D.O.H (Dukes of Hazzard)
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Blade 1,2 and 3  
Forever Young
Christine
Plamers Run
House of Wax
DeathProof
CannonBall  
Eat My Dust (Part 2)  
Friday the 13th (Part5)
SpyHard
Joe Dirt
Fast and Ferious 1  
Gladitor (Ken Khile)  
Knight Rider
BullRun
Bullett 

still forgot richard petty and them other nascar chargers
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

NYCMille

Just this one... but I don't have it any bigger.

Brock Samson

MoparManJim

Quote from: richard pettys 73 on April 14, 2009, 02:43:02 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on April 14, 2009, 02:26:16 PM
D.O.H (Dukes of Hazzard)
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Blade 1,2 and 3  
Forever Young
Christine
Plamers Run
House of Wax
DeathProof
CannonBall  
Eat My Dust (Part 2)  
Friday the 13th (Part5)
SpyHard
Joe Dirt
Fast and Ferious 1  
Gladitor (Ken Khile)  
Knight Rider
BullRun
Bullett 

still forgot richard petty and them other nascar chargers

I was only doing the 2nd gen chargers, but your right!  :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

heres one....kinda.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: just another example of...

:rotz:

Shameless self promotion..

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 14, 2009, 03:32:29 PM
   :scratchchin: just another example of...

:rotz:

Shameless self promotion..

I pretty much just meant The Bullet Charger itself.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mauve66

great thread, another way of searching the thread shows pics with everyone instead of clicking on each seperately
charger 8 pages
mustang 54 pages
daytona 2 pages of only 80's cars  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: that's gonna tick off the aero guys
superbird 2 pages
road Runner 8 pages
camaro 24 pages
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

FastbackJon

Quote from: Spartan on November 06, 2005, 10:50:22 PM
They had one of the Big Fish Chargers at the Woodward cruise this year.  My dad was looking it over and wispered to me and the guy next to him, this car could sure use some TLC,  I opened my big mouth "Ya dad, thing looks like a real POS"...The guy was the owner........

Anyway,  it was one of the 5 in the movie.  The paint job was flaking off, the seat dye was coming off.  Looked like a white interior dyed black.  It was pretty scratched up from the camera mountings etc.  It really is sad what they do to those cars.

Sounds like the one I saw in 2006 at the Museum. College kids had put a new 5.7 Hemi in it. Owner was there but was kind of standoffish, not interested in talking and giving short answers to questions.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

mopar0166

once while watching the movie wedding singer with the wife , noticied a charger 2nd gen in a driveway.  She wasnt too happy becuase i was more excited about seeing that then the movie  :cheers:

bigcountry

What about the white(maybe light yellow) '68 in "Two lane blacktop".  The guys are on the road and he looks in the mirror and says, "Than's one of them new Chargers behind us".  They get into a road race and the guys have to drive off the road to avoid an accident and the Charger goes around the wreck and keeps going.  Can't believe you old timers missed that one. There's also a '69 Daytona at the beginning I think in a drag race(street) scene.
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

moparstuart

Quote from: bigcountry on April 16, 2009, 12:20:19 PM
What about the white(maybe light yellow) '68 in "Two lane blacktop".  The guys are on the road and he looks in the mirror and says, "Than's one of them new Chargers behind us".  They get into a road race and the guys have to drive off the road to avoid an accident and the Charger goes around the wreck and keeps going.  Can't believe you old timers missed that one. There's also a '69 Daytona at the beginning I think in a drag race(street) scene.
that is the big willy daytona at the beginning

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

THE CHARGER PUNK

mauve66

Re: What Are the Famous CHARGERS?..
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 04:29:47 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
ok two land black top has at least two, Big Willie's Prostreet DAYTONA and the '70 referred to when the mechanic says...  only,..

"It's one of those new Chargers, better pull over"...   Grin

ya gots to read the whole thread...............................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

gordo1968charger

the michael madsen tv show was called vengeance unlimited,he had a 69 rt,i remember someone driving his car in one episode and he says"be careful shes a guzzler"
in a martin lawrence film,think it was called blue streak he had a 69 as a getaway car.when i watched it at the cinema 10 years ago with the wife i remember sighing loudly,as a deal i had to buy a 1970 charger  had just fell through.
it was worth waiting the 5 extra years to get the 68 though!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

cammer427

You can browse a list of hundreds of other movies/T.V. shows with Chargers/Daytonas on IMCDB.org.

LeadfootBob

Not exactly famous but... "Bad georgia road", the "hero" uses a '70 road runner for hauling shine and gets chased by a bunch of mobsters in a '69 (70?) Charger trying to put him out of business. The crappiest movie of all time, but one of the most badass cars ever :-)
Btw, anybody know where one could score a copy? Pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to find.
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Mike DC

QuoteThey had one of the Big Fish Chargers at the Woodward cruise this year.  My dad was looking it over and wispered to me and the guy next to him, this car could sure use some TLC,  I opened my big mouth "Ya dad, thing looks like a real POS"...The guy was the owner........

Anyway,  it was one of the 5 in the movie.  The paint job was flaking off, the seat dye was coming off.  Looked like a white interior dyed black.  It was pretty scratched up from the camera mountings etc.  It really is sad what they do to those cars.

Yeah, Hollywood doesn't build these things to be cars, they build them to be "props."  Totally different intended usage.  

It's easier to forgive it when you realize that the classic cars don't get treated any worse than they treat every other object in front of the camera (often a little better if you can believe that).  The sets, the costumes, etc.  This stuff usually involves a lot of duct tape & spray paint no matter what it is.  

bakerhillpins

How about the Burn Notice charger!  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Sabre

In the t.v. show Hardcastle and McCormick season 1 episode "The Killer Bees".  A menacing back 68 Charger with side exhausts appears throughout the episode.

TylerCharger69

Quote from: dpm68 on November 06, 2005, 11:32:37 PM
Well it wasn't a Charger, but please don't forget Jake and Elwood's Bluesmobile in the original Blues Brothers- I think it was a Plymouth.
Dodge Monaco

stuntman mike

I want to add a moviecar.

"Blue velvet", from 1986 by David Lynch with Dennis Hopper .
He drives a black Charger.

Thanks