News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Are the Famous CHARGERS?..

Started by Brock Samson, November 06, 2005, 10:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

their was a vampire movie that had a red 69 in it. The movie was made around 98.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

kab69440

You mean that primered red 69 from "The Forsaken"?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

HeavyFuel

This isn't really a famous Charger, but there is a really nice one parked at the curb right beside Robert Dinero during a sidewalk scene in "A Bronx Tale".  The storyline of the movie was the late 1960's. Pretty damn good show, too, if you need something to rent sometime.....

Headrope

Wow. I'm surprised the gimme answer hasn't been brought up yet.
One of the reasons there even is a Charger was that a platform was needed for the 426 in NASCAR.
Here is my favorite (note the number on the car not in the lead):
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

'CUDA360

Quote from: dads_69 on November 07, 2005, 02:08:03 AM
Tv show/movie from the 70's *Walking Tall* had a orange / white 71' or 72' charger in it. The guy who drove it was a cop in the series and he played in the movie Joe Dirt

That would be Joe Don Baker
I believe the show where he drove the '74 Charger was called "Eischied" ?  Not positive

Did anyone mention that stupid movie "Wheels of Terror"
I saw it a million years ago and I think it was a '74 Charger in primer black.

Todd Wilson

How about the 3rd gen sunroof Charger in Cheech and Chongs   Up in smoke?!

Todd

PocketThunder

There is a green 3rd gen in the video of the Smashing Pumpkins song 1979.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General_01

Wasn't there a Charger in some David Carradine movie? I forget what it's called. I think his rival in the race drove a Charger.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

derailed

Quote from: General_01 on November 08, 2005, 12:57:01 AM
Wasn't there a Charger in some David Carradine movie? I forget what it's called. I think his rival in the race drove a Charger.

Death Race 2000?

derailed

Payback had a 3rd gen in it as well as Unlawful Entry

Spartan

Quote from: drailed on November 08, 2005, 02:49:39 AM
Quote from: General_01 on November 08, 2005, 12:57:01 AM

Death Race 2000?

Deathrace 2000......Wasn't Sly Stalone in that too??  I saw that in the mid 80's......Man was it bad lol.   I like the ref getting mowed down right at the start.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

THE CHARGER PUNK

hell u old guys dont even now do ya? (hahahahaha nah im j/k)im only 16 and ive seen it 3 times its called cannonball (rare movie to find, rare to find as dirty mary crazy larry) here are some pics i found-MATT

THE CHARGER PUNK

another one.-MATT

THE CHARGER PUNK

last so dont go lookin fo mo now ya hear?(hahahah)-MATT

THE CHARGER PUNK

from seeing the movie the low-down on this car is its triple black 68 r/t(black paint,black interior,black vinyl top,)(although they used 2 cars one base ,one r/t)but they used the r/t the most. the roof emblems were removed,it has an alluminum trunk mounted spoiler painted black,what what looks to be half of a stock r/t stripe painted goldy/yellow? mounted halfway up trunk,in some scenes it had a 4-pt rollbar,it had a stock lookin 66/67 tach mounted on console(dont remember but i think car was an automatic),stock interior otherwise with sport steering wheel, it also had wheel well trim and black wall tires on slot mags,oh and it had stickers all over fenders like a nascar. anyone else pick ut something or have i pretty much summed it up?-MATT(shit i talk alot eh?)

THE CHARGER PUNK

oh and last thing he bashes it up and goes off a dead end free way and car explodes as if it had a bomb in the trunk-MATT

Brock Samson

gee,..  thanks MATT,.. I guess we don't need to see the ending now do we?..  :-\

http://www.showrods.com/showrod_pages/thunder_charger.html

FastbackJon

My Chargers would be famous if more people knew about them.

:icon_smile_big:
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

Then you need to spend less time decrying the Anti-Charger and more time giving out copies of "Big Fish".  We need to write an exciting car chase movie like the old days featuring a fastback, Jon.

General_01

Thanks Punk. That was the movie I was thinking of. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

1968 Charger B5

dirty mary crazy larry         is what it was for who was wondering
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Shakey

What about the '69 that was rolled over in Grand Theft Auto, mid '70's with Ron Howard!

Also, Eat My Dust, another mid '70's flick with Ron Howard - stock car version of a '69.

69_500

There are some chargers in the movie Gone in 60 Seconds, not the new one but the one from back in the 70's.

Blown70

There was a supercharged 68 I think in a Tales from the Cript episode.  Crashed the beginning.....  :rotz:

ChargerBill

There bwas a 3rd Gen Charger at the end of a Mel Gibson movie...where him and the blond chick drive off after an apartment blows up on the second story. Anyone remember that one? He was also driving a Roadrunner during the movie and there's a scene where he slams head first into the korean mafia...anyone?
Life is a highway...