News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Are the Famous CHARGERS?..

Started by Brock Samson, November 06, 2005, 10:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangina

what about dirty mary, crazy larry's yellow charger?

Ghoste

Mentioned by the original poster in his opening round.

RednblackAttack72

1972 charger 440

Ghoste

Also mentioned in the first post.  I suppose that isn't uncommon when these threads become this long.

mauve66

i vote that the mods lock out any new answers until the poster reads every page of a thread, sorta like when taking a poll, you can't get to the poll page once you've done it already.........................
that would save me some embarassment also.................. :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

terrible one

There is a red 66 or 67 in a tv movie a while ago called "Banshee." obviously not a popular or great movie but the whole thing revolves around the Charger. This car thief chick steals the Charger and the owner wants it back so he finds her and goes around chasing her and killing her friends wanting the car back . . . Or something like that.

Brock Samson

thought I'd post up a couple pics. of the Thunder Alley fastback,..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYb8l6Zfk0

WB General Lee

Very nice pictures. That is one of my favorite cars. That is a Barris car notice the two different paint schemes. The girl in the pictures not bad either :) ;D

71gtx

Quote from: bigcountry on April 16, 2009, 12:20:19 PM
What about the white(maybe light yellow) '68 in "Two lane blacktop".  The guys are on the road and he looks in the mirror and says, "Than's one of them new Chargers behind us".  They get into a road race and the guys have to drive off the road to avoid an accident and the Charger goes around the wreck and keeps going.  Can't believe you old timers missed that one. There's also a '69 Daytona at the beginning I think in a drag race(street) scene.

is a 70 charger

moonshine county express 69 Charger R/T

73 charger SE The pimps are driving the 68-69 show car topless charger with the daytona nose on Truck Turner (1974) - Pursuit of pimpmobile

moparstuart

truck turner is a flash back of the 70's  movie  , I watched it about a month ago  :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JPL

PtitRaisin

I don't know if somebody already took care of the chase in Dirty Mary Crazy Larry?

Here we have a '69 Charger

And here, have a look to the tail lights : It's a 1968!

The 69 again

Look at the grille. A 68!

Tail lights : this is a 69.

And the scene finishes on a 68.

Quentin

PatrickPeeters

Seems they swapped out different models in the different scenes.
Cool too see but not very professional. if they did thayt..

Quote from: PtitRaisin on November 03, 2010, 01:06:31 PM
I don't know if somebody already took care of the chase in Dirty Mary Crazy Larry?

Patrick  :punkrocka:

Ghoste

It has been discussed at length in some of the other movie threads but essentially, yes, the main stunt Charger in that film was actually a 68.  It was a very small budget movie that didn't get cars donated to it by the automakers so they had to buy 3 Chargers as used cars that fit within their budget and make the best of it.  When you watch the film, they change out so quickly you barely notice.

CDN72SE

Quote from: JPL on November 04, 2010, 06:44:11 AM
Quote from: 71gtx on November 03, 2010, 02:58:11 PM
Quote from: JPL on November 03, 2010, 12:35:47 PM
@3:05
Not mine, but cool non the less.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdDDsCpry0g

wow a 71 rt in blue :2thumbs: :drool5:

I think it's purple.

I actually bought that movie on VHS just to see the R/T, the blue comes across clearer than on youtube.
1972 Charger SE