News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger restoring car that is mostly stripped

Started by sixpack_sid, February 23, 2010, 03:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Quote from: NorwayCharger on March 12, 2010, 10:16:18 AM
And maybe this book would work for you?
http://www.amazon.com/Project-Charger-Step-Step-Restoration/dp/193199322X

:iagree:

I have this book and it's a great and informative read.  However, one thing this author can't emphasize enough is "taking pictures during the break down" so you have documentation of all the parts and where they go.  Well, I also bought my car as a shell that came with boxes of parts so we can't rely on that. 

My suggestion is keep doing what you'r doing with posting pics and asking what the pieces are.  Also, go through your boxes a few times to become familiar with what the parts look like.  That way, when you're researching online, you will start to come across these pieces and will learn what they are and where they go.  One thing I did was put in the year/make/model in ebaymotors parts section and scrolled through the inventory to see if I recognized any of the parts. 

I hope this helps, and good luck.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

chargd72

Possibly sail panel shields???   :shruggy:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Lennard

I have a question about the battery tray brackets underneath the tray. I have only one on my car and it is straight, no "offset" in it like the two in the pic.(bottom) Are the ones in the pic the original ones or did some '69 Chargers had straight brackets?

Lennard

PatrickPeeters

Mine look original (old) and their the same as in the pic....(68 Charger)
My 69 has new ones look the same what I can see.
Patrick  :punkrocka:

Domino

Quote from: sixpack_sid on March 13, 2010, 06:36:45 PM
Also, I found a couple parts that I don't know where they go? Any idea what these are?
Thanks for the help!

That spare tire bracket is not one I've ever seen in a 2nd gen charger.  Bottom looks close, but the top is way off. 
These are re-popped, so no worries.

PatrickPeeters

Talking about battery tray bracket!!
Other ones I don't know.
Patrick  :punkrocka:

Domino

Quote from: chargd72 on March 19, 2010, 10:38:28 AM
Possibly sail panel shields???   :shruggy:
Correct.
They clip to the top and inside of the regulator support structure on either side of the back seat.