News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Are the Famous CHARGERS?..

Started by Brock Samson, November 06, 2005, 10:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

D.O.H,

BULLETT

Crazy Mary Sumpthin Larry?..  :P

Joe Dirt DAYTONA

Big FISH '67

BENGAL Chargers

F. & Furyious 'black '70

sweet blue '68 in Christine

Bad dark blue (?) in Blue Velvet

Blade Charger

I miss any?..  :)

Spartan

Elvis' 67 in Fastway, Speedway or what ever his racing movie was with Bill Bixby.  or Snakes 69 (at least it looks like a 69) on the Simpsons!

I have the video game Simpsons Roadrage and I drive that one with my daughter driving Marges station wagon :)
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Brock Samson

o.k.

Venture Bros. '69 R/T

what's the Wax Commercial that had a blowered '68 blowin off a Porsche 965 on the saltflats?...

Spartan

They had one of the Big Fish Chargers at the Woodward cruise this year.  My dad was looking it over and wispered to me and the guy next to him, this car could sure use some TLC,  I opened my big mouth "Ya dad, thing looks like a real POS"...The guy was the owner........

Anyway,  it was one of the 5 in the movie.  The paint job was flaking off, the seat dye was coming off.  Looked like a white interior dyed black.  It was pretty scratched up from the camera mountings etc.  It really is sad what they do to those cars.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Brock Samson

still made my heart glad to see it/them in the movie,.. kinda' Heroic when it blasts off in the movie, interesting birds eye view too..  :o

Spartan

Ya, anytime you see one of the old MoPars in a movie it makes ya smile.  Christine was a sweet ride for a Fury.  Not quite as nice as my wife's old 76 Fury she had in college, lol, that was a pile. 

2fast4u

The Vanishing Point   remake had a '68 in it as well.......

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

dpm68

Well it wasn't a Charger, but please don't forget Jake and Elwood's Bluesmobile in the original Blues Brothers- I think it was a Plymouth.

Brock Samson

HEY! Were talkin Chargers here,.. Start your own damn thread!  ;D

IBsmokin

Big Lebowski

If i remember right, didn't the Mod Squad have a gold '69 Charger or a gold '73 Charger w/ the 3 slotted qtr. windows?
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

Quote from: dpm68 on November 06, 2005, 11:32:37 PM
Well it wasn't a Charger, but please don't forget Jake and Elwood's Bluesmobile in the original Blues Brothers- I think it was a Plymouth.

1974 Dodge Monaco

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ghoste

Mr. Norm's Super Charger series of funny cars from 66 through 71.  Roger Lindamood had a 66 Color Me Gone Charger funny car.  Gene Snow's Rambunctious Charger funny cars, Roland Leong's Hawaiian Charger funny cars.  The Flying Dutchman funny car.  There are plenty more, it was a popular body to mold in glass.

hydroforce

new movie "house of wax" has a nice 68 in it, has a hood scoop on it that I don't like.
has a real nice tail end shot of the car in the dark driving down the road, looks real sweet

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

Doc74

Quote from: dads_69 on November 07, 2005, 02:08:03 AM
Tv show/movie from the 70's *Walking Tall* had a orange / white 71' or 72' charger in it. The guy who drove it was a cop in the series and he played in the movie Joe Dirt, he was the blonde chics dad he played the mean drunk dad. Some of you must remember the car, if not try to rent it. Wasn't there a movie also that Mel Gibson was in that showed the tail end of of a 68' charger also?
Mark

Yeah they showed a multicolor, no headliner charger, don't remember the taillights but it was a former GL.
I can't remember the name of the flick, he's a pilot in the 30's submitted to a cryogenic test letting him nap till present day.
The charger was just about the highlight of the film.

DC_1

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 06, 2005, 10:26:46 PM

D.O.H,

BULLETT

Crazy Mary Sumpthin Larry?..   :P

Joe Dirt DAYTONA

Big FISH '67

BENGAL Chargers

F. & Furyious 'black '70

sweet blue '68 in Christine

Bad dark blue (?) in Blue Velvet

Blade Charger

I miss any?..   :)

Yeah.....I think you are........I seem to remember TV show that had an orange one with a flag on the roof......anyone remmber the name of that one?????

Brock Samson

triple_green

Interesting on the mannix car site...there is no such thing as a 72 Cuda convertible, only 70 and 71.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Ghoste

They modified one.  The Brady Bunch had one too.

Ghoste

Quote from: Sydmoe on November 07, 2005, 01:20:35 PM
Quote from: Stratocharger on November 06, 2005, 10:26:46 PM

D.O.H,

Yeah.....I think you are........I seem to remember TV show that had an orange one with a flag on the roof......anyone remmber the name of that one?????

That's what his D.O.H. stands for.

69bananabeast

In Joe Dirt  I believe it was a Daytona Clone. 
The commercial stated above was a Mr. Clean  Auto-Dry Car wash commericial
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

reghoule

A 68 Orange Charger with black top in the movie Hi-Riders
A 72 in SpeedTrap
A 69 in Gladiator (1985) true General  Lee that were painted black... 3 were destroy

Brock Samson

ok two land black top has at least two, Big Willie's Prostreet DAYTONA and the '70 referred to when the mechanic says...  only,..

"It's one of those new Chargers, better pull over"...   ;D