News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Bloomington Ghost for sale

Started by Ghoste, February 20, 2009, 09:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Quote from: bullit68 on February 21, 2009, 03:50:00 PM
"tan top" its me that owns the other mauve hemi charger.it currently sits in a corner of my shop needing a full resto.

:wave:      we spoke on here along time  when you posted some pictures of your cars ... :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1st Wing

Actually Cora was not a school teacher.  She worked at the dealership she purchased the car from.  The factory kept postponing the manufacture of the Gold Hemi Charger she had ordered.  She was getting impatient and asked the dealer to find her another Hemi Charger.  They found one at another dealership and they dealer traded for it.  The gold one she originally ordered arrived 2 weeks after she bought the mauve one.  She quit driving it because she got a new job that provided her with a car.  After having it in the 2nd storage site, ownership of the car came in question.  Keith helped her get it back after one year in court etc.  So after she got the car back with Keith's help, he stored and maintained it for her and in return she gave him co-ownership of the car.  It is now for sale but don't know the price.  Heard if it wasn't sold soon they were taking it to a Mecum aution in May.

mauve66

Quote from: bullit68 on February 21, 2009, 03:50:00 PM
"tan top" its me that owns the other mauve hemi charger.it currently sits in a corner of my shop needing a full resto.

keith told me the other mauve hemi charger was already restored and in rhode island or conn or that area and this was in 1996

?????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Sublime/Sixpack

I remember reading that story several years ago. Cora had to be quite the gal when she bought that car! :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Musicman

Topher states:

QuoteI saw it in MCG the other day and called Mrs. Arteman. Asking price is $250k. I hope whomever buys it preserves it as well as Keith has. If it doesn't sell, it's going to Meccum in May.

That's a far cry from the supposed price offered a couple of years ago by the Chrysler Museum?

:shruggy:

bullit68

mauve66.there are 3 mauve 66 hemi chargers known.i have number 3 and it awaits restoration in my shop.

Topher

I've heard that one of the other 2 was painted white.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Ghoste

If 250k is the expected price I cant imagine taking it to Mecum is going to make much difference.  It will be a good on the spot appraisal though of what someone is truly willing to pay for it.  :popcrn:

hemigeno

Quote from: Ghoste on April 23, 2012, 01:26:20 PM
If 250k is the expected price I cant imagine taking it to Mecum is going to make much difference.  It will be a good on the spot appraisal though of what someone is the people in the room at the time are truly willing to pay for it.  :popcrn:

There, fixed it for ya...  although I agree 100% with your first sentence.

Ghoste

Quote from: hemigeno on April 23, 2012, 03:00:12 PM
If 250k is the expected price I cant imagine taking it to Mecum is going to make much difference.  It will be a good on the spot appraisal though of what someone is the people in the room at the time are truly willing to pay for it.  :popcrn:

Thanks.  That was actually how I meant it too but I suspect you knew that. ;)

hemigeno

Quote from: Ghoste on April 23, 2012, 03:04:29 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on April 23, 2012, 03:00:12 PM

Thanks.  That was actually how I meant it too but I suspect you knew that. ;)

:yesnod: :P :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

moparfan53

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 23, 2012, 04:48:04 PM
The link doesn't work.  :'(

I know, I tried it too.  :shruggy:  I did a Google search for his name but had no luck finding the site.

TUFCAT

If 250k is the expected price I cant imagine taking it to Mecum is going to make much difference.  It will be a good on the spot appraisal though of what someone is truly willing to pay for it.  :popcrn:

I'd love the see this car sell for big bucks (six figures) because of its low mileage, preservation, and well-documneted history.

I'd expect to see some good bidding on this one! :2thumbs:

FastbackJon

Quote from: bullit68 on April 23, 2012, 12:00:37 AM
mauve66.there are 3 mauve 66 hemi chargers known.i have number 3 and it awaits restoration in my shop.

If this isn't the guy or car from BC, then there are four known because there is/was a '66 Hemi Charger up there too.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

AirborneSilva

Quote from: FastbackJon on April 24, 2012, 10:38:52 AM

If this isn't the guy or car from BC, then there are four known because there is/was a '66 Hemi Charger up there too.

I'm thinking they are talking about the color w/Hemi package, although I could be wrong  :scratchchin:... 

FLG

The original link is broken because the thread has been revived from 09  :2thumbs:

New links on this page work fine

FastbackJon

Quote from: AirborneSilva on April 24, 2012, 10:46:53 AM

I'm thinking they are talking about the color w/Hemi package, although I could be wrong  :scratchchin:... 

Yes, and I am too. There is/was a [mauve] '66 Hemi Charger up there too.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

bullit68

fastbackjon.yes my car is the one from bc.it was sold new in vancouver.so far there are three 66 mauve hemi chargers known.dean

AirborneSilva

Quote from: FastbackJon on April 24, 2012, 02:56:08 PM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on April 24, 2012, 10:46:53 AM

Yes, and I am too. There is/was a [mauve] '66 Hemi Charger up there too.

Roger that, just wasn't sure we were all on the same page  :coolgleamA:

FastbackJon

It seems like a rare color, but I've seen six different '66 Chargers, all originally painted mauve, here in Spokane, just in the last 10 years.

mauve66

alot of them are painted other colors cause the damn thing fades so easily and turns silver
when coras car first came out of hiding there were only 2 mauve hemi chargers but now we have added a maple leaf one to the bunch so now its 3 mauve hemi chargers

Quote from: FastbackJon on April 26, 2012, 11:13:23 AM
It seems like a rare color, but I've seen six different '66 Chargers, all originally painted mauve, here in Spokane, just in the last 10 years.

thats funny there are so many up there, mine was originally going to wahington but got taken off the truck in denver
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment