News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year one rant...

Started by Silver R/T, February 20, 2009, 06:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

So I received their 15% off card and I thought I'd post in group buy section. I went through to see if anyone posted it yet, then a thought struck me. Why should I post for them, trying to give them a customer?
Last week I ordered some parts and I checked with Year One for seat cover price and they quoted me over $100 more from last time I've checked with them. They said that its due to "price of vinyl going up".
Now if you look at this post http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52535.0.html by one of the Legendary auto interiors rep (I presume) it states that they are holding pricing throughout 2009.
I went ahead and placed order with Dante's who gave me better deal and I went ahead and bough some other parts, package tray, headliner, package tray jute, and headliner.
What do you think guys should I recommend Year One to anyone? On a side note, I got good deal on a vapor separator from them.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CB

I hear they got high shipping costs so that's holding me back to order from them.
:Twocents:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ghoste

It isn't just hearsay, its a fact.  Their shipping costs are enormous especially for anyone out of country.

Silver R/T

It's not a way to make a customer, especially during bad economy like nowadays.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

jaak

Year One sucks, with all the online venders now you can find everything cheaper anyways. On of my first orders was from year one, astronomical shipping prices, I have never used them again.
All they are is a middle man, they buy direct from manufacture, jack up the prices, rape you on shipping. Useless.

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on February 20, 2009, 06:45:32 PM
Year One sucks, with all the online venders now you can find everything cheaper anyways. On of my first orders was from year one, astronomical shipping prices, I have never used them again.
All they are is a middle man, they buy direct from manufacture, jack up the prices, rape you on shipping. Useless.

Jason

Exactly!!

I only buy from Year One if its not available anywhere else.Period
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Silver R/T

I guess lesson learned, shop around before you buy!

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CB

I wonder if I should keep posting Y1 discounts in the discount section  :scratchchin:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Silver R/T

Quote from: CB on February 20, 2009, 06:56:14 PM
I wonder if I should keep posting Y1 discounts in the discount section  :scratchchin:
That's what I'm asking in this thread lol. Another thought is IF someone from here does decide to buy from them at least they have a discount code. I'm going to contact Dante's from now on if I need anything, he usually can beat other's prices.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RECHRGD

I used to have real good luck with them in the past.  They always had what I needed in stock, but they were never cheap and always tried to nail you on the shipping.  I tried to order a few parts from them about a month ago and every one was on back order.  No sale!!  If they're letting their inventory go to hell, then they won't be around much longer. :Twocents: :Twocents:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Rolling_Thunder

some things like a dash harness can only be had at year one...     i source all my stuff from ANYTHERE else before I call year 1...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ACUDANUT

However, Year one does not make anything. So. who really makes the wiring harness ??

hotrod98

Year One sells PUI seat covers now. They haven't sold Legendary stuff in quite a while. I quit buying interior stuff from them four or five years ago after receiving PUI junk. The covers were poorly sewn, puckered, wrinkled, pos.

The last time I placed an order with YearOne they were rude. For one thing, they sent me a 20% off card in the mail and then refused to honor it because I'm at jobber pricing already which amounts to about 13% average discount. My customers can buy parts cheaper than I can.
I've spent many thousands of dollars with them but not any more. In fact, I'm looking for a dealer that I can rely on to get an order out in a timely manner. I've tried a few, but so far, I've had bad luck. The worst part is no communication regarding back orders, etc.
With the current state of the economy, you would think that these companies would be concerned about customer satisfaction. Guess not.

M&H makes most, if not all of their harnesses.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 20, 2009, 07:52:02 PM
However, Year one does not make anything. So. who really makes the wiring harness ??

M&H wiring out here in Santa Fe Springs, CA ----  problem is they are contracted to Year One only and will not sell you the harnesses directly. 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

400/6/PAC

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 20, 2009, 07:52:02 PM
They sell Painless wire harness, They are made in FT Worth TX and can be bought directly for a lot less than Y1
And they have great Tech support.
http://www.painlessperformance.com/contactus.php

Mean 318

Well I have got a LOT of parts from year one and the only one I thought SUCKED was their dual hood scoops.... Outside of that everything was great! I know they are not making the parts, but I do get a 15% everytime and then a 10% for spending over $1000.00 so that adds up to 25% off! I guess I am just lucky that I have been so lucky with them. But the last order I got from them was full of backordered parts... but I am not too sure how much of that is their fault...  :Twocents:

BlueSS454

All the harnesses I have ordered for my car through Year One have ended up being M&H ones.
Tom Rightler

Ghoste

Unless you specifically order the Painless setup from them, the M&H ones are what you will get.  All of the factory correct ones they advertise are M&H, the Painless ones are in their catalog but they are clearly marked as being Painless.

Back N Black

You know what ticks me off! Is to see Ceo's of YearOne on a muscle car shows telling the viewers that it all about the customers and helping the guys that want to build a car on a budget. BS!

Silver R/T

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 20, 2009, 08:02:22 PM
Year One sells PUI seat covers now. They haven't sold Legendary stuff in quite a while.

hm, that's interesting. Ive talked to one of their sales guys and he said they were legendary seat covers (the ones I wanted to order).

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

Quote from: Back N Black on February 20, 2009, 09:20:21 PM
You know what ticks me off! Is to see Ceo's of YearOne on a muscle car show telling the viewers that it all about the customers and helping the guys that want to build a car on a budget. BS!

I'm sure you guys know that "budget" and "charger" don't mix well :)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mauve66

Quote from: Silver R/T on February 20, 2009, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on February 20, 2009, 09:20:21 PM
You know what ticks me off! Is to see Ceo's of YearOne on a muscle car show telling the viewers that it all about the customers and helping the guys that want to build a car on a budget. BS!

I'm sure you guys know that "budget" and "charger" don't mix well :)

well, i don't know about that, seems like 2nd gen chargers can almost be made from scratch like a chebby or furd, now 1st and 3rd gens are the ones that get scr@@@d
oops, did i say that out loud???? :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Silver R/T

Last time I've checked parts for my 68 were pretty expensive. You're paying $360 for a repro tach, you know car isn't cheap lol

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

You can get a repro tach?   The only option for a 1st gen is old junk or NOS.